carat
color
clarity

Opinion on round diamond being considered

diamondhunter11

Rough_Rock

Dididudu16

Shiny_Rock
I’m definitely no expert but this diamond is similar to what I’m getting but shallower crown angle. From all the researches I have done this should be considered a 60/60 diamond, which might yield more white light than colored lights. And the top might appear a little flatter due to the crown angle (I could be wrong, just my two cents. it’s probably better to wait for the experts to chime in) Personally it’s too shallow for me.
What is your budget? What is the asking price for this diamond, what factor is most important to you? And do you have to go with this vendor? From reading all the past posts I know a lot of people use white flash, James Allen and bluenile, so maybe you can search on those sites using similar criteria to see what the prices are. Good luck! =)2

diamondhunter11

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response @Nancy Z !

The price is around 4200 USD (after factoring conversion) from a local dealer.

I'm most concerned about the clarity as being < 1ct, an inclusion plot is not provided and the "knot" inclusion worries me (partly because I don't know if I'm looking at the right thing). The rest of the C's are acceptable.

Will see what others chime in with.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would not get a stone with a knot, especially in SI2. I also do not like the proportions... but the conversation would end at the knot for me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the vendor/jeweler where the knot is. The grade making inclusion is a Feather however like @headlight was saying a lot of
PSers wont by a stone with knot.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the vendor/jeweler where the knot is. The grade making inclusion is a Feather however like @headlight was saying a lot of

Agreed. I would be wary of an SI2 with a knot

Reactions: caf

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

Hi @tyty333 do you mean it is acceptable to purchase a diamond grade with feather listed as the main inclusion (rated SI1) ?

I have seen a stone l like, but unfortunately the GIA Diamond Dossier did not state the location of the feature inclusion. The vendor is unable to comment more coz the diamond is not with them and even with the 40x video view, I am not sure whether the feathers are located .

Last edited:

diamondhunter11

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Back for some more help as I feel I've come across a decent diamond, but not sure what I'm giving up given the price.

Diamond: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...-color-vvs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-9972439
GIA: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=6362087277

Here are my observations/concerns:
-Wondering if the depth at 62.4% is too deep for the table of 55%? The width is 6.19mm which is small perhaps for its carat weight (is 6.25mm more optimal?).
-There isn't an ASET or Ideal Scope or H&A images that I can refer to determine if the light performance is good. Only have the video sadly so wondering if that is enough to make a decision?
-HCA score is 1 where the score is excellent for light return/fire/scintillation, very good for spread however, looks average in size vs. perhaps "big"
-The fluorescence is medium blue which means it should face up whiter however, do not believe it is hazy/milky based on the video. I'm guessing I need to see it in person however, thoughts?

Thank you all in advance for your advice!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @tyty333 do you mean it is acceptable to purchase a diamond grade with feather listed as the main inclusion (rated SI1) ?

I have seen a stone l like, but unfortunately the GIA Diamond Dossier did not state the location of the feature inclusion. The vendor is unable to comment more coz the diamond is not with them and even with the 40x video view, I am not sure whether the feathers are located .

Just seeing this now @La2020

Usually is it ok to buy an SI1 with a feather but it really depends on the size and location of the feather. Small and not on the table could
be doable. On the table and something that stands out would not be doable. Each feather/stone has to be evaluated individually. Of
course, any feather that may impact the integrity of the stone is a no (for example a feather near the corner on a princess cut).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results