shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on radiant cut diamond (ASET included)

skiiman1

Rough_Rock
Could anyone give me their expert opinion on how this diamond would perform?

214605-image-01_1_.jpeg

214605-image-02_1_.jpeg

skiiman1

Rough_Rock
Thank you in advance

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Skiiman,
Welcome to PS!

As a tradesperson, I can't comment on any specific diamond being offered- but I'll copy and paste somethign I just posted on another Radiant Cut thread.

Have you seen any radiant cut diamonds in person?
Its a cut that really does need to be seen first hand to appreciate- especially if one intends to use ASET.
The reason is that the beauty of the modified brilliant cut uses light differently from a stone cut to look like an RBC in a square shape.
So, what might seem to be brilliant areas ( red) on the ASET of a Radiant Cut, can translate into dark areas in person.
Scattered green and white - which are not desirable in a round- can be extremely lively and sparkly in a radiant cut.

Personally I feel that good digital photos would be easier for you to understand. Meaning be able to get a better idea of how the diamond actually looks in real life.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any pictures or videos of the stone?

skiiman1

Rough_Rock
This is the picture of the stone.

diamond_image_1_.jpg

skiiman1

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately for me to see the stone in person I would have to purchase the stone then if it wasn't performing mail it back. ... I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

skiiman1

Rough_Rock
Do you see any negative attributes in my attached images?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Possibly...light return could be a problem. That's why it is nice to see videos. Without more red and green in the aset, it's
impossible *for me* to tell you that this stone will have good light return. Videos help with checking on light return
(you can see the facets turn on/off).

Have you seen this stone in person? Have you seen it away from jewelry store lighting? Have you seen it in various lighting
conditions? Are you getting sparkle and fire (you wont get this under all lighting conditions but are you seeing a lot of sparkle
and at least some fire)? Does this vendor have a good return policy? Sometimes when someone is new to diamonds they think
that all diamonds are sparkly and only after they hang out with their stone for a while they realize that it's not doing what other stones
do (sparkle/fire). Or at least not doing as much as expected. If you get this stone and realize in the first week or two that
it's not performing like you want then can you return it and try a different stone (I know you would prefer not to have to do this)?

skiiman1

Rough_Rock
Any other opinions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results