shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lookingforstone

Rough_Rock
Could you give me your opinion on this price and stone?

I'm buying it from a B&M, and the quoted price is $6,900.

AGA certified
1.23ct
Round cut
Saran measured Ideal cut 1B
6.96 x 6.90. 4.21 mm
Depth: 60.8%
Table: 58%
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Slight-Medium Flouresence
Closed Culet

The quoted price is $6,900

larry

Rough_Rock
It looks like a 1.23 carat F VS2 diamond should be between $5700 and $8500. So you are in the ballpark. Do you have the sarin numbers available?

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
There are several RB F VS2 1.20-1.25 ct stones on pricescope with GIA certs and with cut specs within a percentage point of the proportions you listed. The pricescope stones I saw start at $7042.

I do not know about the reliability of the AGA cert., but I suppose that's why the B&M stone is cheaper.

Jess

Rough_Rock
Hi! I do not post here much, but I lurk around this forum pretty much daily. 1st of all, can you post the crown and pavilion angles from the Sarin report? I would definitely plug them into the cut advisor (link at top of page) before considering a stone for purchase.
Personally, I think F color is overkill, but that is just my opinion, and if you are getting a good deal, go for it.
As all the experts here say all the time, get a good independent appraiser definitely and find out what the return policy is like before you buy so you can be sure if it doesn't turn out to be as represented, you have the option to return. Anyway, keep us updated on your shopping. Let us know when and what you buy!:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results