shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on idealscope image please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
With some excitement I received my idealscope in the mail today.

I don't have a pair of tweezers so I have improvised using a desk halogen light (indirectly) and mounting the diamond on a circular gap of a transparent ruler.

Depth 60.1%
Table 58%
Crown angle 33.5
Crown height 14%
Pav angle 40.6
Pav depth 43%
Girdle Thin to medium, faceted
No cutlet.
Ex polish/symmetry.

Rated excellent cut by the GIA on the report. (which is interesting as the combination of crown/pavillion is a shallow/shallow as discussed previously. Also, the crown height is only 14%). Facetware only give it a 'very good'.

isimage1.jpg

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have taken several images. I have the impression the diamond is ever so slightly tilted - it's very difficult to hold a camera in one hand and balance the ruler with the other! Should I reject this stone and choose one (which I have not yet sighted) with a table 57% and crown angle 34.5/Pav 40.8. Crown height 15%. Pav height 43%. Girdle medium.

ISimage2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
IS looks real good.
Can you compare them side by side?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi tanalasta,

Very good amateur image. The angles fall on the cusp of the Ex grade but you''re talking about the best of hte cusp side. What I mean is that if you had a GIA Ex with the steeper angled combo on the cusp, this is IMO the best and even as bright as some of the best too. Add to that the spread factor and you''re in like flynn.
37.gif

Peace,

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody for their opinion.

How does this IS image compare to ideal cuts (knowing this is a shallow/shallow comibination).

The other question is does anybody know what those small black 'v' shapes in the table at 2 o'clock in between the star arrows?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, compared to shallow/shallows, it is very nice

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
it has to be evaluated in person it could be a very bright diamond maybe down on fire a little bit but nice with no huge downsides.
Or it could be a train wreck when viewed up close.
If it looks good up close and you like the performance of the stone I''d say go for it.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
IS looks awesome. =) The black v''s might be there because your hand or camera was blocking some of the light...I''m not sure. If you like it, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results