shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Gem Scan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TopFlop

Rough_Rock
hi,

I''m in canada... what are people''s opinion on the Gem Scan system? I''ve heard a gemologist say that 5 years ago, they sucked, but now they have one of the strictest guidelines for cut. Any thoughts?

Pseudoname

Rough_Rock
I can't tell you about the quality of their appraisals, but I just realized the headache of having to contact them for their 'detailed' report which will cost you $50 and they wanted me to pick it up in Toronto. Another person replied that GemScan will mail the report to the place that you purchased your diamond.

IMO: if you can get all the information that is useful to the experts here you shouldn't have a problem. IE: if you can provide enough information that they can recreate your diamond via diamond calc or what have you then you will get a good opinion about your purchase.

aj55

Rough_Rock
where abouts in canada?....i have not heard anything good about gem scan...hich retailer are u dealing with?

Cynthia

Rough_Rock
Unfor. GemScan is about all we have. Psedo. did you purchase from a chain? where are you located?

Cindy

TopFlop

Rough_Rock
I'm in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. This one gemologist says that he only trusts AGS and Gem Scan. He said he trusts Gem Scan over GIA. What do you experts think?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I too would be interested in this information--since many of the "Canadian" diamonds I have seen as of late come with GemScan information--which yields data on proportions/pav. angles, etc.

cheers

Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results