shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newfiediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi all

I''ve been searching for a while for the right diamond for an engagement ring, and wanted some opinion on a "Good deal" I''ve found:

-The diamond is 0.83Ct VS1, H colour, IDEAL Cut.
-Cut Dimensions are 6.00 X 5.98 X 3.73
-The diamond characteristics were done by GEMSCAN, and the price is about $4300 (CDN dollars)

A few Questions:

1. what do those cut dimensions represent?
2. I realize GEMSCAN has a mixed review, can they be trusted?
3. IS the H colour something I should stay away from for an engagment ring?

Thanks in advance.

diamondstruck

Rough_Rock
i'm looking at an H col. as well as an I and being an ordinary person I can't tell the difference. I'm from toronto as well and I'm curious, where are you getting this from. I thought Gemscan was Tops as far as canadian labs go? why are you saying that they are questionable?

what col gold are you using, every jeweler i've spoken too has said that with white gold it'll bring out the col. even more

newfiediamond

Rough_Rock
GEMSCAN - Just from Various articles posted on this forum and oter sites on the Web, I got a sense of mixed feelings on them, even though they are all GIA graduates. My experience with various retailers is that GEMSCAN is excellent, I just wanted other people's opinions on them.

I'm looking at Yellow gold, not white gold for the ring. I've been told 14K gold is better than 18K, more durable.

What size Diamond are you looking for? I'm in the range of .75 to 1.00ct

newfiediamond

Rough_Rock
Sorry, hit the submit twice by mistake

diamondstruck

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at 1.10 H, I si1-si2 brilliant

newfiediamond

Rough_Rock
Diamondstruck,

have a look at www.search4diamond.com, it's got really good prices for the Toronto Area.....

Any recommended places for me to look?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results