shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elle8

Rough_Rock
i have been lurking here for a while and you guys have been so helpful, but now it is time to get down to business and get the diamonds for my E ring. We ordered the setting yesterday which I am thrilled with. It is a Tacori setting for a 2.00 carat diamond. Now I have found a diamond that I think is pretty good but would like all of your expert advice.

2.04 GIA cert for a RB
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Table: 58%
Depth: 62.3%
Crown Angle: 36.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.08
Culet: none
Facet: Thin - Slightly Thick
Measurement: 8.04 - 8.08 x 5.02 mm

Did I forget anything? I think this is a good price too. I cant wait to hear your feedback, especially about the MB fluorescence. Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2009 12:30:00 AM
Author:Elle8
i have been lurking here for a while and you guys have been so helpful, but now it is time to get down to business and get the diamonds for my E ring. We ordered the setting yesterday which I am thrilled with. It is a Tacori setting for a 2.00 carat diamond. Now I have found a diamond that I think is pretty good but would like all of your expert advice.

2.04 GIA cert for a RB
Color: F
Clarity: SI2
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Table: 58%
Depth: 62.3%
Crown Angle: 36.0
Pavilion Angle: 40.08
Facet: Thin - Slightly Thick
Measurement: 8.04 - 8.08 x 5.02 mm

Did I forget anything? I think this is a good price too. I cant wait to hear your feedback, especially about the MB fluorescence. Thanks!
Hi Elle

If this diamond is online then an Idealscope image is essential to check out that angle combo - I assume it is 40.8 not 40.08, can you check please?

MB fluorescence can be a nice feature certainly but I would be more concerned about how those angles work together to make sure there is no leakage. If you are unfamiliar with IS, this page explains

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree, the flourescence is fine, it's the angles I'm concerned about. They are not the most complimentary.

Elle8

Rough_Rock
That is 40.8. Sorry about the typo. I have since realized that it is not the best cut even though GIA has graded it an excellent cut. This confuses me. How can they grade it excellent if it really isnt? Thanks for the link BTW. I am really stumped. We have a budget of $13,000 and I thought I could get close to the 2.00 carat range but now I am starting to wonder.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stones might show some leakage. Could be good if the lower facet is larger and good optical symm.

GIA Ex grade allows for some steep deep combination that shows leakage.

Elle8

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 8:37:09 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
That stones might show some leakage. Could be good if the lower facet is larger and good optical symm.

GIA Ex grade allows for some steep deep combination that shows leakage.
I ran this diamond through the HCA and it didn't come back that great. I have found 1 that looks pretty good I think and looked up the cert on GIA last night but now the cert wont come up on GIA. I am really lost with all this and could use some guidance on what to do here. What is the best way to search for a diamond online? I have been using the pricescope search function and that seems to work but I feel like I may be missing some really good stones out there just from lack of knowledge.

New Diamond
RB GIA cert
2.05 F SI2
Depth: 61.3
Table: 55
Crown: 33
Pavilion angle: 40.8
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 8.17-8.21X5.02
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results