shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gregd

Rough_Rock
.90CT , Princess 5.17 x 5.05 x 4.02 , Depth 79.6 , Table 73%, Crown 11.2%, Pavilion 60.5%, Girdle Med to Thick Polish, Cutlet None, Polish VG, Symmetry Good, VS2, G, Flourescence Faint,

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
even when not relaxed i is happy
smile.gif

Glad you are too.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm sorry! You provided very detailed cut information, which is unusual, so I decided you are already familiar with AGA cut grading system.Here is the link to David Atlas and AGA chart for princess shape: www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm What kind of grading report (certificate) does this diamond have?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I was just kidding, soooorryyyyyyyyy
smile.gif
Internet price for the similar loose GIA certifid diamond would be about $3,100-$3,300. Plus about $400 for platinum mounting...You did quite well actually
smile.gif
Congrads! Enjoy your diamond!

gregd

Rough_Rock
Thanks Garry, didn't really intent to offend anyone... was just asking. I surely wasn't offended... relax Garry

gregd

Rough_Rock
EGL - USAIn that table. Why are there 2 ranges in some of the cells of the table?And is 2B a good rating?Thanks

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Obviously 2B is better than 3A but worse than 2A. As I said it very much depends on the price. If you like the diamond and the price is good then everything is all right.Just make sure to show the diamond to independent gemologist/appraiser to verify the grading. EGL is not as strict as GIA.Two ranges. If (for example) table size in 2A class is between 59.0%-72.0% than 2B class would have 72.1-77.0% and 58.9-58%.You can say it's the same as 58%-77%.

gregd

Rough_Rock
As I looked through the chart it seemed like a lot of what I have fell under 2A as well. So it seems to be a pretty good diamond.What's you guess for the price I paid?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No worries, mates
smile.gif
I don't play guessing games either. I'd rather tease you with unbelievable low price
tongue.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ok, let me guess... $2k?
lickout.gif
Just one note. The total grade is based on the worst factor.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gregd,You probably already figured out that this is 2B AGA cut class. Not too bad though if the price is right...It looks like a cutter tried to get into 0.9 carat range - thick girdle and over 75% total depth.Interestingly ideal round brilliant diamond of the same area (spread) should be only 0.69 carat and probably less expensive.

gregd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick reply. But honestly I do not know what you mean by 2b AGA cut class. Can you explain?I am new at all this, and am actually reading throught the tutorial on this site right now.Thanks,
Greg

gregd

Rough_Rock
OUCH. I bought mine in the jewelry district in NYC from a referred seller.4000 mounted in platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results