shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on diamond please

chasingsparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and would appreciate some expert opinions on this diamond for an engagement ring.

Shape And Cutting StyleRound Brilliant
Measurements10.27 - 10.31 x 6.23 mm
Carat Weight4.01 carat
ColorG
ClarityVS2
CutExcellent

PROPORTIONS​

Depth60.6%
Table56%
Crown Angle33.0°
Crown Height14.0%
Pavilion Angle40.8°
Pavilion Depth43.0%
Star Length50%
Lower Half75%
GirdleMedium, Faceted, 3.5%
CuletNone
I plugged in the numbers into the HCA tool and this was the result:
Cut Advisor Score 0.6

FactorGrade
Light Return:Excellent
Fire:Excellent
Scintillation:Excellent
Spread:Very Good
HCA Score :0.6 - Excellent - within TIC range
Should sparkle beautifully and looks bigger than usual for it's carat weight. Low HCA scores and bigger sized diamonds can appear dark when viewed close up; but these stones can be great for earrings and pendants. Confirm with an Ideal-scope, ASET scope or send to an appraiser.
Diamond Stats
Carat:4.01
Depth:60.6
Table:56
Crown:33

Pavilion:40.8
Hearts&ArrowsYes
Measurements:10.31x10.31x6.23
I'm confused by the HCA tool results since it says the diamond is better for earrings/pendants? I've seen the diamond in person and it didn't look dark when viewing it. Also, what does the hearts&arrows designation mean? Are diamonds able to be labeled that way without looking at special imaging? Anyway, is this a good diamond in your opinion? I appreciate any responses!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond definitely has potential. We'd need to see an ASET image or magnified vendor video to evaluate further. If you have it on hold, can you provide a link?

Regarding possible darkness, if you've seen it in person and it didn’t look dark at around a full to half arm's length, it should be okay.

Someone decided to call it H&A, but that means nothing without actual H&A images. I would ask the vendor for an ASET image and H&A images.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the vendor's video which admittedly isn't great but here it is: https://www.laurenbjewelry.com/products-item?id=LGRB0977&type=27&shape=1&weight=3.77,4.01&color=D - G&clarity=FL - VS2&current=NaN&

edit to add: LB does not provide ASET or idealscope images

I don't like the fairly noticeable striations in this stone.

Would something like these fit your budget?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm honestly not a big fan of the LB stone. I think the other options Kim provided are better

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions! The stones you linked are less than half the price of the LB stone. So glad I checked in here first.

You're welcome! I hope one of them works for you.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

chasingsparkle

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion, I appreciate it! However, we are def not going bigger as we are pivoting and looking for a natural in 3-4 ct range now.

We can definitely help you with that, too.
Jump on over to the natural diamond subforum and you'll get some amazing recommendations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results