shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond...Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demoboy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have narrowed down my choice for a diamond bracelet to
the following:

14k yellow gold
ACA Diamond h-g, VS Clarity
Qty:10,10 point diamonds

Cost $ 1945

My thinking is that I can add additional 10 point diamond
over time. I will need a total of 30-37 more.

I have been quoted the following prices for ACA diamonds:

$ 85 each 5-point
$176 each 10-point

Are these prices reasonable? Is my thought about getting
more diamonds later as my budget increases workable?

Any advice, thanks again for your earlier responses to my
request for help.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/13/2004 11:06:28 PM Demoboy wrote:

Hi,

I have narrowed down my choice for a diamond bracelet to
the following:

14k yellow gold
ACA Diamond h-g, VS Clarity
Qty:10,10 point diamonds

Cost $ 1945

My thinking is that I can add additional 10 point diamond
over time. I will need a total of 30-37 more.

I have been quoted the following prices for ACA diamonds:

$ 85 each 5-point
$176 each 10-point

Are these prices reasonable? Is my thought about getting
more diamonds later as my budget increases workable?

Any advice, thanks again for your earlier responses to my
request for help.

----------------

Interesting concept. As for the diamonds, the price may be in line with what you are getting. But, quite frankly for yellow gold the G/H is *way* overkill in melees this small.

How will the bracelet accomodate setting the rest of the stones & still be wearable as is?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The price looks very good to me given that you are not buying these by the hundred. I also agree about getting some lower color grade for a YG setting, if the choice is there in the same clarity range.

The idea to "add diamonds' sounds quite interesting... I saw this advertised by pearl companies, but never about diamonds. Is the design you have in mind going to allow wearing the bracelet before all the diamonds are "in" ?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I have a girlfriend who has an "Add a Stone" diamond tennis bracelet. It was a gift from her Hubby on their 1st Anniversary 25 years ago. Each link will accept a diamond and has a cover pressure locked over the top. He gave her the bracelet with 5 diamonds in it and has added one every year on their Anniversary. Hers is almost full now.
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Can you get a pic of that, PQ? Do the stones have to be added by a jeweler? I can't picture that.

BTW, there are several sources for melees of all types. Any jeweler can source them for you. But, once you go w/ a certain color - you are pretty much tied to it. Also, have you thought about alternating sapphires?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Second vote for sapphires!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/14/2004 2:12:49 PM fire&ice wrote:

Can you get a pic of that, PQ? Do the stones have to be added by a jeweler? I can't picture that.

BTW, there are several sources for melees of all types. Any jeweler can source them for you. But, once you go w/ a certain color - you are pretty much tied to it. Also, have you thought about alternating sapphires?----------------

I don't have a pic, F&I. I don't even live in the same city with her anymore. She lives in my hometown. We've kept in touch over the years, through my many moves.

The covers are 3 sided, kinda like a squared U or [_] looking. The covers are matte or brushed, and the rest of the bracelet is shiny. I never saw the inside of an empty link. If I remember correctly, the diamonds are prong set. And, yes, her Hubby does have their jeweler set each new diamond.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results