shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on Diamond Needed

mitre17

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I wanted some advice on this stone. I am looking to spend about 7-8K on a round cut diamond. The local jeweler is really pushing on this stone. I do not mind some of the inclusions as long as they are eye clean and will not compromise the duriability. I was thinking of going back this weekend to look at the diamond some more. The SI2 part is really the only concern but the jeweler is ensuring me that this is a great SI2 stone. It has twinning wisps which he described as a white wispy type of imperfection and one of the better ones to have. I asked about the feather and he mentioned it is on the back or pavillon of the diamond and exactly where you would like it to be, deep in the diamond, away from the center or high in the table. He did say that the diamond was eye clean. I have attached the GIA report below. Let me know what you think and thanks for your help.

7-13-2011 11-21-54 AM.png

7-13-2011 11-23-07 AM.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should see it in person and compare it to some other stones that are GIA EX and also score less than 2 on the hCA, or with lab reports from AGS and a 0 for cut grade.

mitre17

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies, looks like I can do better. The main problem I am having is that I like a particular setting that this jeweler has but he doesn't seem to have many diamonds to choose from in the range I am looking for. Is it best to buy the diamond online? The setting is a halo and needs to be built to the stone. I am not sure if he would even build the ring if I bought the stone elsewhere.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably there is something online that looks like it. Post an image of the setting you like.

mitre17

Rough_Rock
It was basically a Tacori knockoff. Here is the real Tacori band but wasn't looking to spend 3K+ on it. All together I had a budget of 10K for the band and diamond.

7-13-2011 12-03-36 PM.png

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good to me. Ask WF if it is eye-clean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results