color
clarity

Opinion on diamond for engagement ring

jmubluedevil

Rough_Rock

CedarRapids

Shiny_Rock
jmubluedevil|1315109203|3009426 said:
I've been hoping to get more advice from the helpful people on this site. Just found a diamond that I think might fit the bill and so I was hoping to get an opinion from here before I ordered.

Please let me know any positives/negatives about this diamond based on the GIA report . . .

http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-ring?first_step=diamond&forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP#diamonds_forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP|builder=BYOR|pid=LD02236752

Thanks!

It's not one that I would pick. Before critiquing the diamond, tell us what "fits the bill" for you.

1. Are you specifically looking for a diamond with very strong blue fluorescence?
2. Are you willing to get a diamond that is a little less than 1.00 carat but has a far better cut (thus, it will look bigger and better despite being smaller) than the one you picked?
3. What is your budget?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope.

Vs1 is overkill for your budget. With BlueNile you should stick to Vs2 since they are a drop shipper. But if you go with a vendor who will look at the diamond for you you can go down to an eyeclean SI2.

With your budget I would cal Yekukiel at IDJewelry ... tell him you want a "Pricescope worthy GIA EX/EX diamond that is eyeclean, at a carat and around 5400 or less." He will find one for you and give you the certificate and you can post it here.

If you want to stick to Blue Nile, let us help you find a diamond, because we can do better than the one you chose.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would drop in clarity to VS2 or even SI2 I you can verify that it is eyeclean.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results