shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on blue nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mr.chad

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone thanks again for the help so far.I was in Chicago last weekend and went into tiffany needless to say I thought that they were overpriced.I am now seriously looking into buying from blue nile and wondering what everyone thought.It seems to me and from what I have heard they are very reputable but I am still very nervous about buying online.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 12:57:54 PM
Author:mr.chad
Hey everyone thanks again for the help so far.I was in Chicago last weekend and went into tiffany needless to say I thought that they were overpriced.I am now seriously looking into buying from blue nile and wondering what everyone thought.It seems to me and from what I have heard they are very reputable but I am still very nervous about buying online.
depends on how much you know about diamond cut.... they won''t provide analysis so if you feel confident evaluating the diamond yoursel, purchasing it and having it appraised, you can find a great stone for a great price. The company is reputable, but it isn''t full service.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
If I were going to buy another diamond online, I would look at Whiteflash and Gold Old Gold. BN would be much further down my list. Not to say they don't have nice things but when they had a diamond I was interested in, they couldn't provide me with pictures or a sarin, and they wouldn't send the diamond out to an appraiser for me to see before I made a decison. WF and GOG have super upgrade policies and I don't think BN even has one (don't quote me on this but I have never seen anything on their site about have an upgrade policy). To be honest, I don't know if I would ever purchase from them. Some here have done so and have beautifuld diamonds though. It has to do with what you are comfortable with.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I was like you a few weeks back and last week, I made my first internet purchase from Whiteflash. The response to queries was quick, the reports and information provided was sufficient for me to make a well informed decision. I paid on Thursday and got my FEDEX on Sunday! Easy peasy fast and breezy..

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I also purchased from whiteflash. But in addition to Good Old Gold and Whiteflash that Jazmine mentioned, James Allen is another popular vendor that people seem to use here and they are very reputable. I was origninally going to purchase from Blue Nile too. The more educated I got about diamonds the more information I wanted to know before making my purchase- Blue Nile doesn't give alot of information on the stone you're buying. Although, Blue Nile has great prices their service isn't as great as those other 3 vendors mentions. If you want to front the money to get the diamond and get it appraised they would not be a bad choice, but I personally didn't feel like having to put up a couple grand to find out more about a particular diamond that these other vendors provide for free.

I would like to note that I actually did purchase my gf decoy christmas gift from Blue Nile (a pearl pendant), but I would be hesitant about using them for purchasing an engagement ring. When I read their reviews it seemed that they had some quality control issues. I also didn't like their platinum alloy becuase the metals they used made their platinum less durable and prone to cracking.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I have a few pieces from blue nile, but have never built a ring through them. I think they''re great. No, they don''t have an upgrade policy, but whether that is a negative is a personal preference. One negative about bn is that with their premade pieces, things don''t arrive quite as they appear. Thing appear thicker/bigger online. Their customer reviews are very helpful.

I think James Allen has better diamonds, but they didn''t have the setting I wanted. On their premade pieces, they offer much less information than BN and less quality at a higher price. But I would feel totally comfortable buying from them. I''d recommend starting there and moving on if you don''t find what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results