shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on BGD E-ring

timslin

Rough_Rock
I have recently purchased a BGD e-ring for my SO. I am worried that she will not like the ring. I was hoping for pricescopers opinion.

We have gone to Kays and Jareds in the past to just browse for fun, and I could see what she likes. Her favorite ring by far that she saw is this neil lane ring:
http://www.kay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product1%7C10101%7C10001%7C-1%7C990643607%7C22137%7C22137.22181.22421
I was not impressed by the main diamond on the ring at all. It looked dull to me. I asked her about this, and she said she thought the halo diamonds made up for the sparkle. She is really into the sparkle and the larger size the halo gives the ring. I asked her what diamond cut she liked best. All she said was that she liked square cuts better than round.

I wanted a higher quality diamond and ring in general, so I started searching for a similar halo. I had a hard time at first but luckily found pricescope and than BGD. I love the princess of hearts diamond so settled on a similar quadex stone with the michelle setting in platinum.

The stone is a .79 ct J VS1 and the ring setting is supposed to be around .6 carat. Pictures below are from BGD. I will be getting the ring tomorrow so I can take more if requested.

Stone info: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104049553007

The ring cost $4900 dollars compared to the $4700 the neil lane ring cost. I am hoping I got a much higher quality ring for about the same price. I am a little worried the J stone will look yellow in the setting surrounded by the F/G color melee. The carats are similar with the neil lane having more overall carat by a little(1.5 vs 1.4). Im worried that since the halo is larger on the neil lane ring that the BGD ring will appear smaller. What do you pricescopers think?
BrianGavin_QuadexHalo1_071211.jpg
BrianGavin_QuadexHalo6_071211.jpg BrianGavin_QuadexHalo5_071211.jpg

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
I think it's lovely, and I think you won't know what you think until you see it :)).

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would definitely go for the BGD ring over the Neil Lane ring, especially after looking at the latter in a jewelry store. I would probably try to get an H or I color center stone, though, because of the lighter colored side stones.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
I think you've purchased a much higher quality setting and stone! This setting makes the center stone stand out much more than the Neil Lane setting did. I think you did excellent and shouldn't have any worries. She'll be blown away!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!!!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! Congrats!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made a much better choice going this route. I have no doubt that this ring is more than twice the quality of the other at about the same price. Great job!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is gorgeous! With the quadex center it is going to knock that other one right out of the park, no worries:love: I would not worry about the center stone being a J either, I will bet big bucks the one she was looking at in the store is a J or lower, they are never as advertised. You made a great choice so take a deep breath, and come back with pictures of that puppy when you get it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! I think you have gotten a lovely ring at a very good price! Melee almost always look whiter than there same
color larger size stone so yes, you may see a tinge of color in your center stone but nothing that should be too bad.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently had a 0.92ct J-SI1 Quadex sent out to me -- I found it beautiful! As compared to an H color cushion solitaire, I could only see a tint in the J when I viewed the stones from the side -- top down they were very similar if not identical in color. (I did return the stone but only because I determined my heart is set on an antique cut. I wish I could have kept it though - incredible stone performance.)

With the BGD halo diamonds being F/G and the J basically within 2 grades of that, and the Ideal cut really does make the Quadex view as whiter... I'm thinking you would rarely notice a color difference between the halo and the center stone - and if your GF was happy with the Kay ring with the dull center stone and nice halo, I can only imagine she will be delighted with the Quadex Halo you've had custom-made for her. You've made some very good choices and you've kept your GF's preferences in mind - the ring is stunning! Let us know what you think once it arrives... I hope it surpasses your expectations.

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Wow, she will lose her ever-loving mind! Honestly, the ring you purchased is stunning. I'd love to receive that. Great job! :love:

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I think that the BGD blows the other ring out of the water and I think she will love it.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
rubyprincess|1310507979|2967547 said:
Wow, she will lose her ever-loving mind! Honestly, the ring you purchased is stunning. I'd love to receive that. Great job! :love:

I second RubyPrincess!! The ring looks stunning!

BoulderGal

timslin

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the kind words. It is just nice to know that all my research paid off. The ring really does look amazing in the photos. I will update everyone when I get the ring tomorrow.

mk2007

Rough_Rock
I purchased the same setting from BGD and absolutely love how it turned out. I had it set with a 1.01ct princess (5.5x5.5 roughly) and it looks great. You won't be disappointed.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised when you get the BGD's ring. It looks great in the picture's but I'm betting it will be spectacular in person and both you and your future FI are going to love it..

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
OMG you are going to be speechless when you open that BGD box. I can't wait to see more pics. When do you pop the question???? :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she liked the ring at Kay's the ring your purchased will blow her away, I have no doubt at all. Let us know what you think when you see it!

timslin

Rough_Rock
I just picked it up. The ring is extremely beautiful. The quadex stone is amazing. Tons of fire and sparkle. I have never seen anything quite like it in person. The setting definitely puts emphasis on the amazing center stone over the side stones, which I love. It really is a very very beautiful ring.

Sadly my camera sucks so no pictures yet. I will have to see if I can get a good one when I get home.

I can detect a slight warm tint from the side but none that will bother me at all. From above it looks very white.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!! We'd love to see pics or better yet, hand shots on your fiance :)

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say in NO way would a BGD diamond look "dull" like what you saw at the jewelry store. I have a BGD diamond and "dull" is the last adjective I would use to describe it. It's so superbly cut that it sparkles like crazy.

Then I saw that you already received the ring. Please post pictures!!!!!

timslin

Rough_Rock
2011-07-25_17-29-35_470.jpg 2011-07-25_17-30-52_695.jpg 2011-07-25_17-31-05_962.jpg 2011-07-25_19-09-51_888.jpg 2011-07-25_21-03-53_428.jpg
just some pictures I took with my crappy camera.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
It's so pretty! She is going to LOVE it!!!! Well done!

Colltee

Rough_Rock
That's stunning, woohoo well done! :appl:

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! What do YOU think?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
It's super gorgeous - I wouldn't second guess it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
That's gorgeous :love:

Let us know what she thinks when you give it to her!!!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Erm... that isn't her leg is it? :D Just kidding. The ring looks gorgeous! :) I'm sure your doubts have disappeared with the ring in hand

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! You did an amazing job! I'm sure she'll like it even better than the one you two had seen before! - Besides, YOU took your time to design it from scratch, and with a ring like that, there's not way she could say no :) Good luck! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results