shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion on AGS 3.01/H/SI2 RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hem01

Rough_Rock
Hi again,

I found this round brilliant. I still can''t figure out how to post pictures directly in my posting. I will attach the images that I have.

AGS 3.013/H/SI2
old report 2006
Jeweler describes it as a H+A

Report Type: Diamond Quality™ Document
Shape and Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 9.33 - 9.37 x 5.66 mm
Cut Grade: AGS Ideal 0
Light Performance: 0
Proportion Factors: 0
Finish: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Color Grade: AGS 2.0 (H)
Clarity Grade: AGS 6 (SI2)
Carat Weight: 3.013
Fluorescence: Negligible
Comments:

Table: 56.4%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Crown Height: 15.1%
Girdle: Faceted, 1.4% to 3.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40.4
Pavilion Depth: 42.4%
Total Depth: 60.5%
Culet: Pointed

I calculated HCA as 0.6

addendum:
whoops, the files are too big, bitmap. I''ll have to figure out how to downsize into jpeg.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Hem,

I am awaiting images to see what you have...

hem01

Rough_Rock
sorry, about the delay. I think I will have to work on the pictures on my home computer. my work (shhh!) computer doesn''t have the capabilities.
15.gif

hem01

Rough_Rock
Let''s try the pictures again.

pic #1

3 h+a.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pavilion angle, especially combined with that crown, is a little too shallow for me personally.

hem01

Rough_Rock
pic #2

3 h+a hts 2nd.JPG

hem01

Rough_Rock
pic #3

3 3rd.jpg

hem01

Rough_Rock
last pic

3 4th.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 1:39:25 PM
Author: hem01
pic #3
I could be completely wrong here but the photos of the arrows and the actual diamond are of the same stone?

hem01

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 1:49:56 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/6/2009 1:39:25 PM
pic #3
I could be completely wrong here but the photos of the arrows and the actual diamond are of the same stone?

I posted 4 pictures of one stone.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei, I'm thinking the same thing.

I don't think the arrows picture belongs to the stone. table reflection is too big, arrows are fatter than the "real" picture, and the table is smaller.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 3:20:12 PM
Author: JulieN
Lorelei, I'm thinking the same thing.

I don't think the arrows picture belongs to the stone. table reflection is too big, arrows are fatter than the 'real' picture, and the table is smaller.
Thanks Julie, that is what I am seeing, they don't seem to match....Hem is it possible you can check?

hem01

Rough_Rock
Hmmm. That is incredibly disturbing. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. maybe, he emailed me the wrong file.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 3:33:40 PM
Hmmm. That is incredibly disturbing. I will give them the benefit of the doubt. maybe, he emailed me the wrong file.
I didn't mean to worry you Hem, I just thought I would bring it up and Julie has noticed the same thing, so it warrants checking before we proceed - maybe he just sent the wrong image by mistake - if it is the wrong one.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
H&A viewers are notoriously non-standardized. Additionally, larger carat weights tend to present problems in a lot of H&A situations. I''d say this is the same diamond but due to stone size, viewer specifics or both that H&A viewer is coding a much wider spectrum of light from above white, compared to the standardized angles-of-obstruction built into IS and ASET.

H&A Arrows Photo

hem01-dc-arrows.jpg

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mag Photo. The camera lens was distant enough that it caused little obstruction. It could also be a result of the lighting setup.

hem01-dc-mag.jpg

hem01

Rough_Rock
so, is this a keeper? Should I put it on my short list?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2009 6:29:18 PM

Thanks John!

I would put it onto a maybe list, from what I can see it looks ok but the 40.4 PA warrants further evaluation so if you could get an ASET or Idealscope image of the diamond that would help. There is a possibility that this diamond could show obstruction due to this angle ( looks dark when viewed at close range due to the shadow of your head) but this might not be an issue for you personally, and with diamonds this size and cut quality we have to consider everything carefully due to them being in short supply in the first place.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 6:02:50 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
With the doubts higlighted, and SI2 eyecleanish in a 3ct stone - this must go to a good appraiser
Ditto,

Should you decide to go for this one then make the sale final on it checking out to your satisfaction with an independant appraiser, here is a tool you can use to find one in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/7/2009 5:17:12 AM

Thanks John!

I would put it onto a maybe list, from what I can see it looks ok but the 40.4 PA warrants further evaluation so if you could get an ASET or Idealscope image of the diamond that would help. There is a possibility that this diamond could show obstruction due to this angle ( looks dark when viewed at close range due to the shadow of your head) but this might not be an issue for you personally, and with diamonds this size and cut quality we have to consider everything carefully due to them being in short supply in the first place.
This could also explain the wider appearance of the arrows in the H&A viewer, depending on config.

Definitely. Appraiser.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2009 11:46:34 AM
Author: John Pollard

Date: 2/7/2009 5:17:12 AM

Thanks John!

This could also explain the wider appearance of the arrows in the H&A viewer, depending on config.

Definitely. Appraiser.
Good tip, thanks Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results