shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on a spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
How good do you think this spinel is - it''s an ebay item - but I have bought from her before - it''s ending very very soon!

It measures 9x7mm

TIA

26.gif

SpinelWP.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It''s hard to tell if it''s dirty or included, dirty would be better. The cut looks decent, but it may be dark. Any chance you can return it if it''s not what you want?

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I did bid on it - as the seller has a return policy - and I agree, it looked dirty!

But - someone bid over me - I didn''t want to risk too many pennies on something dirty - that might be hiding a ''not so good'' stone!

many thanks!

26.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be a downer. There''s also a lot of synthetic spinel running around, so it''s better to be cautious. Your stone will come along!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
I just happened to spot this as I was browsing for something else - I know what you mean though, about lots of synthetic spinel around. This was actually a vintage ring - which very likely might have made it quite probable this could have been a synthetic.

Ah well - some one won it!

I have enough stones to be going along with!

And in truth, I shouldn''t even go near ebay!! I''ve bought from the best over there, and once you''ve seen stones
cut wonderfully - anything else just aint good enough!

26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results