shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on a Michael B setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Call Bill Pearlman at http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com. He will take care of you. I believe mrssalvo is working with him currently on a Michael B e-ring setting and w-band...

I got my Ritani endless love setting from him. He was so great to work with!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! I can see why your g/f fell in love with it
emlove.gif

michaleb11111.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty setting, but I know Michael B is very expensive. Have you thought about going the custom route?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. That's stunning. And either you got to buy the setting (I suggest Bill too) or have something similar made custom(would recommend Quest) for her at this point. If she's in love with it... gotta do it, man. I'd be very happy with something similar, personally. There was a Micheal B I loved-- but hated the head and the price. Would have been very happy with a different version of it at the time. Call Quest for a qoute.

www.questjewelers.com

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second calling Bill Pearlman. There are several small options you may have to bring down the price a bit. For example, one sided pave instead of 3. Ask Bill what your options are. Nothing wrong with going custom but with that particular design, i probably wouldn''t attempt it. Custom "can" be cheaper but you are not always guarenteed the outcome will be exactly the same or how you want it. With a detailed pave piece like that I''d want it to be handmade, don''t know if they can even caste something so complex, which is going to drive up the cost on a custom ring. I honestly would not be happy with a copy of something like that.

john12

Rough_Rock
Great feedback guys! Thanks for the advice!!

Makes me that much more confident that this is the "one".
emotion-19.gif
Think I''m going to go for the original. Will definitely check with Bill.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
it is definately gorgeous...very intricate :):)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!

AND PLEASE POST PICS! Especially hand pics!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
The setting is lovely, the price, not so much. If the money doesn''t matter, yea man, go for it, its gorgeous!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 1:24:42 PM
Author: Gypsy
Yeah. That''s stunning. And either you got to buy the setting (I suggest Bill too) or have it copied (would recommend Quest) for her at this point. If she''s in love with it... gotta do it, man. I''d be very happy with copy, personally. There was a Micheal B I loved-- but hated the head and the price. Would have been very happy with a copy at the time. Call Quest for a qoute.

www.questjewelers.com

I know it''s suggested often enough of here but it is illegal for another jeweler to copy exactly a copyrighted design. I know plenty of jewelers do it and there are a whole bunch of fuzzy ethical/legal/moral lines but just wanted to put that out there in case it matters to anyone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This IS true. *Ashamed*

To make a copy of a protected design is illegal. Which is why most jewelers won't do it (including Quest). But making something inspired by another piece is life. I would never condone or advise someone doing something illegal... and definitely didn't mean to have my remarks taken that way. My wording was careless. Forgive me. I've edited.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 3:33:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
This IS true. *Ashamed*

To make a copy of a protected design is illegal. Which is why most jewelers won''t do it (including Quest). But making something inspired by another piece is life. I would never condone or advise someone doing something illegal... and definitely didn''t mean to have my remarks taken that way. My wording was careless. Forgive me. I''ve edited.

aww Gypsy don''t feel bad. Many people just don''t know it''s illegal and I just wanted to clarify and you''re correct there are many jewelers out there who won''t do it. Custom definitely is a great option for those who want to make changes or like certain things about a piece but not everything. Inspired is life
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I just feel I should thank you for calling me on it. Intentional or not... I was giving bad advice. Thanks for correcting me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results