shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandnewtothis

Rough_Rock
I am brand new to this! I am considering a diamond with the following specs:
1.20 carat
F
VS1
Depth - 60.7%
Table size - 54%
Crown angle - 33.5
Pavilion depth percentage - 43.5%

Is this a good diamond? I think it looks amazing, but don''t know very much here.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Okay, what shape is this and which lab graded it? What about girdle information?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to the HCA (score = 1.2) it's a great stone! That being said, and ONLY the info that you gave, Jazmine is right. Girdle and lab are needed.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum, Brandnewtothis.

Numbers look good so far. Usually you need more information to make a decision such as whether diamond has a grading report (certificate), price, other specifics..

brandnewtothis

Rough_Rock
The shape is round, cut is brilliant. Girdle thickness is very thin to medium. Girdle finish is faceted. Culet - none. It''s a Tiffany gem lab report (not looking to start the age old controversary on Tiffany, I have read tons of that here and elsewhere).

They did say that Tiffany stopped doing GIA reports on all diamonds. Anyone know if this is correct?

I would plan to get it independently appraised.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I remember Dave Atlas (aka Oldminer) mentioned that Tiffany certificates are good (accurate) enough.

Tiffany is very proud of their certificates because (as they say) it is also a guarantee while other certificates do not guarantee anything...

You can check out Tiffany pages: Tiffany Certification and Tiffany Gemological Laboratory

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The info on the "very thin" portion of the girdle would be useful. Is it a large portion of the girdle or just a small area? What sort of setting is the stone in (i.e., would the VT portion of the girdle be protected or would it be exposed)? So, if it's a large portion of the girdle and you're looking at the traditional 6 prong setting that would be more concering to me than if it was a small portion of the girdle and was protected by the Etoile or Lucinda bezel style settings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results