shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion of Round G VS2

mark1234

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am currently eyeing up a round brilliant G VS2 thats marketed as an ideal cut.
I am warying of making a purchase without seeing it but all the markers seem to be met (proportions, HCA score and H&A images).
I would just like if someone might give me a second opinion before going ahead with it.

Thanks a lot

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I am not an MRB person so can't help you but I will say that a lot here don't like clicking on links and they may ask you to post pictures and videos directly so they can help you. Good luck!

mark1234

Rough_Rock
I am not an MRB person so can't help you but I will say that a lot here don't like clicking on links and they may ask you to post pictures and videos directly so they can help you. Good luck!

Thanks very much for the reply. ill edit it to show the pics

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz can you look at this? i dont like the real image for some reason

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am currently eyeing up a round brilliant G VS2 thats marketed as an ideal cut.
I am warying of making a purchase without seeing it but all the markers seem to be met (proportions, HCA score and H&A images).
I would just like if someone might give me a second opinion before going ahead with it.

Thanks a lot

Another vendor picture of it:

Screenshot_20240222-130424-525.png

It's a very well cut and proportioned diamond, but a little pricey (if you're shopping at JA/BN) considering that you can get this true SIC G VS2 at WF at a lower price:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a very well cut and proportioned diamond, but a little pricey (if you're shopping at JA/BN) considering that you can get this true SIC G VS2 at WF at a lower price:

Somehow this pic looks better to me than the other one. The other pic looked like there might be leakage under rhe table

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mark1234, it's a beautiful diamond, but I would get the super ideal cut from Whiteflash if they're similarly priced.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
and I believe Whiteflash has a better 'upgrade' program.

Yep...just better everything, including settings and benchwork quality

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mark1234 -

I think it's a lovely diamond! Some of the photos are a tiny bit tilted, but there are enough photos there to be able to make a reasonable judgment.

Do you have access to the GIA cert? I'd like to see the crown and pavilion angle percentages, as well as what the defining inclusions are.

All things considered, tho - I like it a lot! I'm not sure who is selling it or setting it - or what the price is, for that matter - so can't make comparative judgments. However, if it *is* from a large online vendor, such as James Allen or Blue Nile, I would *strongly* suggest you not get it set there as their prong work is lumpy and heavy looking. For a piece that is as costly as this, I'd go elsewhere for the setting - David Klass Jewelry, Distinctive Gems or CVB Inspired Design would be my best suggestions - all of whom will work with outside diamonds.

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results