shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MikeyG

Rough_Rock
Yes, another "What do you think" post. I would appreciate anyone''s opinion on which of the following two diamonds to choose. Both are princess cut. Is Diamond #2 $600 better?

Diamond #1 $2548
.82ct
E
VS2
Depth = 73.3%
Table = 72%
Polish = Good
Sym = Good
Flour = None
Size = 5.14x4.99x3.65

Diamond #2 $3140
E
VS2
Depth = 73.4%
Table = 70%
Polish = EX
Sym = VG
Flour = Faint
Size = 5.27x5.11x3.75

Thanks,
MikeyG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mikey--Check out the Cut Grading Tool at www.gemappraisers.com.

Run both princess stones through the tool and see which one gets better #'s. I don't know much about princess cuts but the charts on that site also tell you what are 'desirable' numbers to look for in a fancy cut.

Have you seen both stones? Which one appeals more? That may be the one that is cut slightly better. But definitely run the #'s through the charts and that may help your final decision.

Good luck!

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I would definately go with #2 - bigger and flour. - that's important to me. JMHO.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Hi. I'm a newbie to pricescope's forums, but I do have an opinion regarding your question about each princess cut. I purchased a princess cut diamond back in March when I got engaged. I also went onto www.gemappraiser.com for assistance as well. They are very informative. If I were the person making the decision to buy one of those two diamonds than I would have to choose Diamond #2. Each diamond will look square to the naked eye as well as look the same in size. They are both the same color and clarity. The difference between faint fluorescence and no fluorescence is nothing of significance. I will also say that the polish and symmetry ratings being different is also not that hig of a deal since you would only notice the difference under magnification. So your decision basically comes down to CUT. You have a slightly better cut on Diamond #2. Even though both diamonds are great options, Diamond #2 will have a bit more sparkle and fire. The smaller the table percentage the more the diamond will sparkle. So seeing that Diamond #2 has a 70% table than I would say that it is a slightly better choice. However, I believe that either diamond would make you a happy camper.
appl.gif

MikeyG

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I went with Diamond number 2 and took it in to compare it with a diamond I had on hold at a local jeweler. The specs for it is as folllows.

Diamond #3
F
VS2
Depth = 73.1%
Table = 84%
Girdle = Thin to Thick
Polish = GD
Sym = GD
Flour = None
Size = 5.09x4.98x(3.34 not sure)

Going with specs, Diamond #2 blows Diamond #3 away. I am pretty sure I am going with diamond #2. Both diamonds seemed to have the similar "sparkle" but both looked different when looking into the center of the stone. Diamond #3 looked a little more geometric without a whole lot going on. Diamond #2 had a bunch going which I couldn't determine which was better. Not sure if it matters but Diamond #2 had a slightly thick to thick girdle.

I know I am asking a lot by trying to making you try visualize it but give it your best shot.

MikeyG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results