shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion needed about propose with one ring but promise another

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You made a great decision!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Obviously #1. Temp ring all the way.

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! That could easily pass as a "non-toss ring" (although understandable if it''s not exactly what she wants). Congrats! My BF is in the same boat as you were in. However, I think he''s set on proposing with the forever ring.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
beautiful! I''m glad it went well!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is gorgeous!!! =D

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 11:37:07 AM
Author:steve0617
2. Keep delaying all of it (proposal, wedding plans etc) until the setting is just right (at least another 8 weeks is what I''m being told) until it''s all completely done.
Well, I don''t know her personality but if it were me, I''d rather you get it done right the first time around and propose with what will REALLY be her engagement ring. I would think it would hold more sentiment that way...

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,

What an encouraging post for all LIWs who have all but given up hope on their proposals!

I would definitely propose with the throw-away setting and let her know you are working on the real setting. She will have something sparkly and beautiful to wear while the setting is being perfected.

You didn''t mention if you''d found a good jeweller to work on the real setting yet. If you haven''t, let us know as the PS ladies would be able to recommend some good vendors who can create custom settings for you.

Good luck!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops, just saw your post with the picture of the ring. So sorry I didn''t scroll down to read all the posts.

It looks absolutely beautiful. Well done!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
do you have pictures of the ring yet?
31.gif

woah. sorry about that! The stone does look huge!!!
Congrats on saying yes!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/11/2009 5:11:44 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 4/3/2009 11:37:07 AM

Author:steve0617

2. Keep delaying all of it (proposal, wedding plans etc) until the setting is just right (at least another 8 weeks is what I'm being told) until it's all completely done.
Well, I don't know her personality but if it were me, I'd rather you get it done right the first time around and propose with what will REALLY be her engagement ring. I would think it would hold more sentiment that way...
Er, bottom of page 1, he says he proposed with a temp setting and posted a couple photos.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, you definitely did the right thing!!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I''m glad it all worked out...I hope you''re both enjoying the process of getting the setting just right!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You two working on the custom setting now?

steve0617

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 6:12:25 PM

Author: ilovesparkles
Congratulations! You two working on the custom setting now?

Yep, but she''s possibly adjusting her desires for the full 6mm band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results