shape
carat
color
clarity

opinion as to whether i should buy this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shirleyo

Rough_Rock
gia
carat wt= 1.0 color=g clarity=vvs1 shape-princess
depth=68.5, table=63 polish=ex sym=ex culet=none

girdle=md-stk flor=none measure=5.82x5.56x3.81
price=5400.00
question-this diamond is not prefectly square, and am i paying to much for g color. should i be looking at E color.
what do you think of my table and depth numbers.
The gia report did not give me crown measurements
thank you-shirleyo

jcard71

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/18/2004 4:53:08 PM shirleyo wrote:

gia
carat wt= 1.0 color=g clarity=vvs1 shape-princess
depth=68.5, table=63 polish=ex sym=ex culet=none

girdle=md-stk flor=none measure=5.82x5.56x3.81
price=5400.00
question-this diamond is not prefectly square, and am i paying to much for g color. should i be looking at E color.
what do you think of my table and depth numbers.
The gia report did not give me crown measurements
thank you-shirleyo----------------

I don't think that's a good diamond at all. I personally think it's too deep.
I would also look for VS2 and G color and get a little bit better cut. I think vvs1 is over kill, unless that's something you're looking for...

shirleyo

Rough_Rock
What is a good depth and table for a 1 carat princess cut diamond? Where is a good website that will explain the ranges or various characteristics or a princess cut diamond? I want to stay in the D-G color range, and I would like to get a square princess cut? what should the lenght to width ratio be.

Thanks in advance
Shirleyo

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out www.gemappraisers.com for their Cut Grading Charts...look under Princess.

Try to aim in the ranges for 1A, 1B, 2A and maybe 2B. Those should all be well-cut stones. If you can find one that is 1A/1B...yay! Otherwise the 2 range will still be a fine cut and may give you more options. Don't JUST use the cut grade charts but also make sure to get IdealScope images or similar so you can gauge light return of the stone. Using the cut charts and pictures of the stone will help you if you are purchasing online. If you are purchasing offline, using the charts and your eyes will help immensely.
1.gif

The stone you asked about, it is a 1A stone...so it should be very lovely in person esp with EX EX and the great girdle. It's immensely hard to find stones that fit those parameters so well, do you find the stone beautiful in person? If so, with those specs...I would give it a HUGE thumbs up. I believe JCard thought you meant a round stone...not princess. A round stone with those specs would be a dog..ugly!

anothernewbie

Rough_Rock
Check out the AGA Cut Grade charts at www.gemappraisers.com
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results