shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion about consumers gem lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ideal_search

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had their diamond evaluated by Consumers Gem Lab and if so what was your experience? The reason for my inquiry is that I am considering sending my diamond to them because of the extensive test they offer, but obviously I want to know if they are reputable. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Bill Lieberum of Consumers Gem Lab is an excellent gemologist of high integrity with a very well equipped lab.

I would recommend him highly.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bill Lieberum of Consumers Gem Lab is an excellent gemologist of high integrity with a very well equipped lab.

I would also recommend him highly.

He is one of only a handful of truly "independant appraisers" that Whiteflash will send direct to.

Final Cut

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I just received my stone today - Bill really rocks with those rocks - I would not have had the stomach to complete this purchase without PriceScope and Bill at Consumer Gem Labs.

Thanks Bill - Best wishes for your aunt and speedy recovery !
Michael

chas

Rough_Rock
Bill Lieberum of Consumers Gem Lab is the best of the best! The most extensive analysis of any appraiser.
appl.gif

Have total confidence in him ----- I certainly have!
1.gif

chas

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all for the very nice and appreciated comments.

Home now from the hospital and getting back to normal. Upgrading equipment to even do a better job than before...

Rockdoc

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bill, welcome home and it's great to hear that you are better!!
36.gif

One quick question, now that you are home and catching up on things, what is the average turnaround time that a customer can expect for their appraisal?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Mara - RE: Turnaround time.

I try to get stones done as quickly as possible. But hopefully you''ll understand that there are other factors involved.

As I have said in other posts I am upgrading a lot of the equipment here. Many have new software which I have to learn. How much like the old versions will they be.

Another factor is the workload, if there are 25 stones here to be done, obviously it can take longer than if I have less to do. I do everything single handedly. While it would be nice to have employees, can one maintain the level of consistentcy in grading. If one person does the evaluation of every stone, then the consistency would be better than having several others doing grading. Also consider that some assignments go easier and some its more difficult to do.

I also talk to a lot of prospective purchasers and answer their questions and emails. How much time I donate to this also affects my schedule.

Another consideration is if the consumer is getting an appraisal. I like mine to as complete and professional as possible. The average insurance appraisal which includes many phtots and testing results averages about 28 to 35 pages. Some think this is overkill, but if you have a loss and something was missing from the report - you can''t change it after the fact.

I would like to have a turnaround of 48 hours... and that is my goal, even faster if I can.

Hope this clarifies things.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results