shape
carat
color
clarity

Operation Beautiful Round: COMPLETE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.Hall(almost)

Rough_Rock
So as you all may know already yesterday was my "little" trip to GoodOldGold.
What some of you may not know is that that was my third trip. I am attached to the atmosphere that GOG has created and meticulously maintains. GOG came highly recommended by you great folks after my Fiance and I''s initial purchase at Kay jewelers, yes I can hear the shrieks! Basically I knew nothing about diamonds and apparently I wasn''t the only one, neither did the salespeople at Kay. For example, when i asked what cut is this, the salesperson responded, Princess!!! I literally called Jonathan after crying my eyes out. I felt so bad, here it is that the love of my life chose something to present to me, innocently not knowing that he was being taken advantage of, I was devastated. Per my conversation with Jonathan, he promised me that he would "show me the true beauty of a diamond".

My first visit to GOG was surreal. Jon spent about two hours (On a Saturday!!!) just educating me about diamonds and their characteristics. Of course he used diamonds to illustrate to me various concepts, but he was just educating us not trying to get us to buy something. I believe that every piece of equipment he uses on a daily basis was brought out to the front for my fiance and I to personally see what he saw. And can I just say that I heart the Diamond Dock, I seriously was a personal one so that I can watch the beauty of my stones under spotlighting but I digress. What was even more unbelievable was at the end when Jonathan said bye to me... I was like can I buy and diamond and he "do you want to right now, you can always come back another time", I was shocked! Jon really didn''t nor does he have any preconceived notions about his customers or expectations for them to buy. I was not having that. I was leaving with at least one diamond. After looking at princess cuts, he excused himself, he went to look for something, he brought a beautiful diamond out-- A Princess of Hearts. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous, at a little under a carat it was beautiful, so beautiful that I told Marie, I want a solitaire! I left GOG with a beautiful diamond and armed with such knowledge that even I felt as precious and rare as the stone on my ring finger.

My second trip was unplanned. My Fiance and I had just come back from the Hamptons and who knew that Route 27 turned into Sunrise Highway, so we popped on in! It was always my Fiance plan to upgrade me to a ''proper'' setting within the near future and I was all for it. Jon''s daughter, Sarah, assisted me with finding a beautiful setting and then I asked about possibility of seeing other diamonds, she obliged and I could not have been more happier. She showed me some very nice stones and at the end I elected a beautiful Jubillee. The cut, absolutely exquisite and it was a real sparkler. I understood that that was the stone that I wanted and I went home elated. I''ll put it out there, I am an over thinker, and it was not long before I noticed that I wasn''t feeling the color of my jubilee. Here I was thinking I''m a novice to all of this, a warmer stone should be fine but the PSer in me has really raised my level of expectations. I knew if I kept it, it would drive me bonkers, so I sent an email to GOG. Changing the stone would not be a problem but I wanted the stone to be a round H&A and be able to fit into my current setting, yes, I was asking for too much and praying for a miracle. My fiance wanting the e-ring process to be final and solely anticipating my happiness decided to give me an extended budget of 4K! I wish there was a smiley that skips, jumps and does the hookey pookey!

Third Trip:
Sarah immediately approached me so that the jeweler could see my setting, she came back with the most pleasant smile informing me that a round could fit perfectly into my current mounting. Insert Hookey Pookey dancin smiley here, I was ecstatic, I would be able to use the additional budget towards my round diamond! Speaking of my preference switching to round diamonds i totally blame you guys! (grin) I was always a squarish girl but after seeing the some of the most brilliant round solitaires how could I not appreciate the spread, the beauty, and exquisite cut that are specific to rounds.

Let me just say that Jonathan, besides being just a good person, has the patience of a Saint. I may be under estimating here, but I believe he pulled out about 9 or 10 stones for me to compare, gawk, and obsess over. I saw everything from a 1.07 to a 1.7 O IF(this is a beauty!!!) One thing that I love about Jon is that he allows YOU to make your decision when it comes to diamonds. He will assist you if necessary but he allows YOU to really strike up a mental or verbal debate to delineate between diamonds. Given the opportunity to rationale between carat size, color, and clarity you really feel knowledgeable and informed. Notice how I didn''t say cut quality... Jon only hand picks the best, you will never see a mediocre cut stone from GOG, EVER, his decisions really take the guess work out the process whether you are a newbie or a PS certified professional. If you are newbie purchase with the peace of mind knowing that you are getting the absolute best! And if you are an informed diamond consumer pose as many questions as you wish, it truly delights Jon to communicate with someone who remotely even knows about diamonds. Jon prepared a video comparison for a client and I kid you not I swear his eyes were sparkling! One of the first things Marie told me was that regardless of the size of the diamonds that come in Jon gets excited each and every single time. Now I know for many that if we see another reminder of our job or career we flip out, once we complete our hours or shift, we''re done! But Jon really loves what he does and his passion for his trade is visible ever present. After many hours had passed I made my decision just in time to have it set so I could leave with it THE SAME DAY! Fiance and I went right next door to the pizzeria that I swear has some the best pizza and trust me I''ve had Grimaldi''s, Ray''s, I''m from Brooklyn but living in the City so I''ve tried some good pizza. If your ever at GOG stop by next door and try their whole wheat pizza, an healthier alternative and downright delicious,my fiance loves it!

I returned to the store only to be presented with the one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen. My ring is perfect.Now it may not be an IF VVS1 or 2, Color D but it''s absolutely beautiful.

Mama GOG and her sister helped to complete my purchase and look at potential wedding bands. Here''s the thing, when you have found a great man or woman you hold to it, and I have found a place that I absolutely trust and love so I am holding on it. I will only purchase major jewelry selections from GOG and that''s it. My experiences with them are unparalleled. Whether your just coming in for a cleaning or making a diamond purchase of 2k or 100k, makes no difference, you are treated completely the same. Diamonds are all about numbers, right, as with most things, but Jon and his wonderful family are so very personable that even I feel like extended family. Jonathan, Sarah, Marie, Amy, Mama, and the entire family I just want to extend a deep thanks to you all. Every time I glance at my ring I will be reminded of the love,commitment and future that I share with my fiance but I will also be reminded of your unparalleled hospitality, compassion, down right goodness that you have shown me. Thank you. And also to you Lorelei many thanks and of course the entire PS community for not only your responses to my questions but the years and years of dialog established on this forum that facilitates this process. Oh and shout-out to the "Search" button, I love you!

P.S I am off to work right now, but will post pictures of My Engagement Ring as soon as I can!

Oh and Lorelei.......

I grabbed the 1.34!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are so welcome, it was a pleasure helping you - I can't wait for the pics!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
What a great testimonial for GOG! Please, post pics, post pics, post pics!!!!

Mrs.Hall(almost)

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Lorelei!!!! You said grab it and I did! I should edit this scripture/novel to say that two years from now I will probably be looking for a nice Tacori setting, they are soo beautiful!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 11:30:18 AM
Author: Mrs.Hall(almost)
Thank you so much Lorelei!!!! You said grab it and I did! I should edit this scripture/novel to say that two years from now I will probably be looking for a nice Tacori setting, they are soo beautiful!
Hehehe!!! When you see something wonderful, grabbing is the way to go!
41.gif
I cannot wait to see pics of this beauty, also that is something else wonderful to plan for with the Tacori!!!

Mrs.Hall(almost)

Rough_Rock
Yesterday, there was a guy looking to buy an e-ring, a newbie, didn''t know anything before stepping through the door of GOG and he was able to pick a at 2+carat stone, a beauty, and a very nice Tacori setting. I don''t think I should disclose the price ranges of his purchase but WOW his future Fiance might do cartwheels around New York when she sees it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 11:52:30 AM
Author: Mrs.Hall(almost)
Yesterday, there was a guy looking to buy an e-ring, a newbie, didn''t know anything before stepping through the door of GOG and he was able to pick a at 2+carat stone, a beauty, and a very nice Tacori setting. I don''t think I should disclose the price ranges of his purchase but WOW his future Fiance might do cartwheels around New York when she sees it.
I bet she will by the sound of it! I am so excited about your ring and new diamond, I bet it is gorgeous!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations :) I have to agree the team at GOG are fantastic and patient, sounds like you had a fantastic time :) I definitely can''t wait to see the pictures :)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Can''t wait to see pics.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness, you got the 1.34! i kept wondering how eyeclean this stone would be, and lucky you for being able to go down there and see it in real life. i am so excited for you, it''s a gorgeous stone and a really lovely size!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering what happened with your new diamond quest. You are so lucky to have had the time to spend with Jonathan! We were so thrilled with his service but had to do it long distance. I would have loved the opportunity to go into his place and be educated in person by him!
Can''t wait to see pictures of your new beauty! Good luck and wear it in good health! I have no doubt that this one''s a keeper!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, you picked a winner for sure. Can''t wait for the pics!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could just feel your excitement reading your post! Jonthan and his family are just first class in every way! I think a trade-in policy is a WONDERFUL thing, because it gives us the chance to change our mind and get what we really want! I''d never buy a diamond any other way!

Now hurry up with those pics!!!! It''s against the rules to post in this forum without pictures!!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! It''s always wonderful to hear a happy ending here!! Will you show us some pictures soon? We''d love to see them!

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 11:08:17 AM
Author:Mrs.Hall(almost)

Let me just say that Jonathan, besides being just a good person, has the patience of a Saint.
Yep, that just about nails it!!! Jonathan=
17.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo.gif
Can''t wait to see it!!!

And a great write up for newbies!

Mrs.Hall(almost)

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words and congratulations! I have taken a bunch of pictures, though they are not optimal because the weather is disgusting in New York right now. And on top of that I have misplaced my camera cable however rest assured they will be up as soon as possible. Thank you all so very very much!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
I keep checking in to see pics of your gorgeous new rock!! Keep us posted
4.gif
11.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I am originally from Brooklyn as well, it''s nice to meet someone close to home. Congrats on your new diamond. I checked the link on your other thread and I know it is beauiful!

I just wanted to say that I truly understand your sentiments with regards to GOG. I went there about two weeks ago to have them do an appraisal on my sister''s ring and to take a look at a diamond I recently purchased. I also brought in a emerald ring to find out if they could fix the band which was bent, and they gave me their honest opinion on it.

They were extremely helpful, extremely honest and I was really impressed with everything. Esp the video screen which allows you to see the diamond up close and personal!

Although I have not purchased from them yet, I wouldn''t hesitate to purchase from them or recommend them to others.

I hope to one day get a pear cut and I hope I will be able to purchase it from them!

Mrs.Hall(almost)

Rough_Rock
And here are the pictures, please excuse the finger hair

2133433690103264716S500x500Q85.jpg

Mrs.Hall(almost)

Rough_Rock
Needed something sturdy, leather is sturdy!

2689150340103264716S500x500Q85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results