carat
color
clarity

Open bangle, 5mm v 5.5mm?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh. I have such decision paralysis!
Hoping folk who have more experience in diamonds and bangles and help me get unstuck.

I want to make an open bangle like @Snowdrop13 has. But I can’t decide between a 5mm round pair or a 5.5mm one.

My wrist is a little under 6 inches.

I’m debating between two wonderful preloved pairs. The 5mm pair is I color, the 5.5 is g/h. And the price difference is about 1k. I can afford the difference but I can also think of other things I can could get with the 1k lol.

I don’t know if the 5mm would be too small and I’d want to go bigger for more impact. Or if the 5.5mm would look TOO big for my wrist and look too flashy for daily wear.

It’s not a common style and so I can’t just go to a jewelry store and try out different sizes. :(

Anyone with this style of bracelet or single bezel bangles have any insight or advice? Gah, I haven’t been this indecisive in such a long time!!

Here’s a photo of the style of bangle I’m after though the ones in this picture are too small for me.
1244E529-7CB1-49C5-A626-EA45E20EE801.png

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I personally like smaller diamonds for this style bangle as it is a very delicate look. But if you think you are likely to regret not having larger diamonds I think you should spring for the larger stones. I think it will still be very pretty even with the larger diamonds.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rubybrick! Heh, reading your comment made me realize I secretly was hoping people would advise me to go with bigger which I took as a sign I should just go for it.

Happy to say I'll be providing new homes for a gorgous pair of matched super ideal cuts from Andelain. Will return when the project is complete!

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rubybrick! Heh, reading your comment made me realize I secretly was hoping people would advise me to go with bigger which I took as a sign I should just go for it.

Happy to say I'll be providing new homes or a gorgous pair of matched super ideal cuts from Andelain. Will return when the project is complete!

Lol to the highlighted MTG! I agree, that's a sign you should go for the bigger ones :D It will be beautiful, come back with pics when it's done!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the finished project!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
75E29652-28FC-4DA5-B5AA-9C8CE3357B27.png 346603D0-2ED5-402B-95FE-97ADF2849CE3.png I finally found the photos on jbg Instagram of the style I want.

My diamonds will be bigger as I’m not planning on stacking this many.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stones look gorgeous @MakingTheGrade I have a redundant pair of .20 pointers, and keep toying with the idea of making a ring or bangle like this. Who do you plan on asking to make it for you?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I think that would look great! I think the ones in the pics are around 33 pointers iirc.

I’m going to a local Philly jeweler I work with since it seems fairly straightforward. She made my pendant an trellis 5 stone too. Mostly because I’m impatient and I’m assumig David Klass has a long wait.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. My jeweler hasn’t responded to my email since Friday. I feel like I’m dying. Haha I’m so impatient.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTDT!!!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!
Dropped them off with the jeweler today. Love her. hopefully I will have something to show in 2-3 weeks

edtaylor

Rough_Rock
Thanks!
Dropped them off with the jeweler today. Love her. hopefully I will have something to show in 2-3 weeks

Hello Making the Grade. I'm in Chester County and I'm currently thinking about a bangle project. Would you mind sharing your local jeweler with me? Thanks!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Making the Grade. I'm in Chester County and I'm currently thinking about a bangle project. Would you mind sharing your local jeweler with me? Thanks!

Unfortunately due to covid their local office is closed :( not sure when/if they plan to reopen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results