shape
carat
color
clarity

Opals in gold leaf flowers, Is this Victorian? I'd needed

aussie1984

Rough_Rock
I have a 7 inch long mesh bracelet that magnetises near latch but not near flowers, maker is unknown I can see a messed up square looking hallmark with a blob in it near latch where it has a curved hook tho I could be wrong could be wear and tear, it is 8 cm wide with opals inside leaves, flowers look like there glued on with melted gold on other side leaves are a little bendy and no discolouration can be seen in leaves, I have had for quite a while as passed down to me but j have no information about who made or exactly when was made, could someone please help me out ?

_546.jpeg

_547.jpeg

_548.jpeg

_549.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Opals in gold leaf flowers, Is this Victorian? I'd neede

This looks like vintage costume jewelry to me. 1940s-60s?
Are the opals imitation, glass perhaps? Are they glued in? Its hard to tell from your photos.
If there are no gold marks, then I would assume it's costume jewelry with glass opals.

aussie1984

Rough_Rock

They are real opals i think doublets they are on top of a black glass then glued in to the gold looks like silicone

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's curious that such nice opals would be glued into the setting.
Regardless, it is a lovely piece. You could take it to a jeweler and have the metal tested.
It does look old, and even if it isn't Victorian, or gold, I would still wear it and enjoy it!

aussie1984

Rough_Rock

Thanks, yes is very pretty I will have it looked at when I get the chance I'm in no hurry i just thought someone may have seen 1 before
I have searched and seen that 9k and 14k can have other metals mixed with it and can magnetise, I have looked with loupe and opals look real but I won't know for sure so I think I'll do what u suggested take to jeweller

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results