shape
carat
color
clarity

Opal and diamond drop earrings by DKJ and M's Opal World

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful! I'm beginning to appreciate all sorts of color gems and different metals...PS has definitely expanded my horizons! Enjoy your new danglies <3

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @mrs-b. I would have put those closer to the 10-12k range, the opals are so gorgeous. It is a very generous gift! I have a couple things on my list for DK. Hopefully in the next year I can finish at least 1 of them. I probably wouldn’t go for anything quite as grand as yours, but those opals are definitely the bar!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! What a special gift!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fun fact: one of the Opals came from the Allawah field at Lightning Ridge, there's a bit of a story behind the field but up until around 2012 it lay as virgin, completely untouched ground that was suspected to hold Opal. The Allawah field is known for producing Crystal Opal with really lovely gem colour.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 - I'm like you, in that I love seeing how things come together! Did you read @jordyonbass's post above about where one of the opals came from? I love that sort of thing! And I'm glad you've decided to wear and enjoy your e-ring. It's a lovely, lovely piece of jewelry and I can imagine you wouldn't enjoy being separated from it! Upgrading is one thing, but having a bare finger day after day is kinda miserable.... And - 30th anniversary, you say? Well, in THAT case... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: My husband and I had our 36th this year, so I have my eagle eye fixed FIRMLY on our 40th! The traditional gift for 40th is ruby - which was always my dream engagement ring. Seriously - that poor, poor man.....

Thank you, @GliderPoss! ..:wavey:.. I agree - the dream team. I am a very lucky girl!

@SandyK - what a lovely comment! Thank you so much! I don't moonlight as a jewelry designer, but I am entirely at your disposal here on PS should you ever wish to do a project and you think I might be able to help. It would be a pleasure! As they say in the classics (of my head) "I love that stuff!" :mrgreen:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are so pretty! Love the design!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @jaysonsmom - yes, PS is notorious for expanding one's horizons! And it seems to me that there is an inevitable path from diamonds....to colored gems! Embrace the irresistible, I say!

Thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds! I can imagine someone with an ID like yours as liking these - they're very floral and pretty! I hope your heart has calmed - even a trifle - after the loss of your lovely kitty. I'm so sorry that happened. <3

Thank you so much, @luv2sparkle! You get a lot of bang for your buck with opals. The colors are super lush and they set beautifully. I'd definitely recommend an opal project for everyone who likes color.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @caf - yes, they are! I'll wear these and love them forever. :))

Thanks for that info, @jordyonbass! Provenance is a fascinating subject when it comes to gemstones, and these opals make me feel closer to home. And you can't put a price on that. <3

Thank you, @tyty333! (I feel like I just said 'thank you' 3 times...!) .. :mrgreen:..

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo pretty and feminine with those lovely pastel glimmers throughout! What a wonderful piece!

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
These are so beautiful, @mrs-b! I saw them on IG and made my poor fiancé ooh and ahh over the gorgeous thin profiles with me, lol! Seconding what @SandyK said, your entire collection is striking and unique yet timeless and classic.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Whoa those are amazing! So unique but also timeless

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b

Beautiful, just beautiful and so feminine and gorgeous. The aesthetic is kind of reminiscent of VCA.

Are you planning on wearing these at a formal affair?
Great taste! Enjoy them!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
These are so elegant...

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @KristyDarling! I love pastels, so these really hit the right part of the brain for me! There's just something about that color combo that delights the eye and lifts the spirits. .. :))..

Than you so much, @elrohwen! I love 'timeless'. These pieces are too precious to fall foul of fashion, so I always go for things that won't date at this point in my life. I'm too old and too slow to keep up with moving trends, and have little interest in it anyway, truth be told. I'm all about classics....

@sparkle_snail - oh, your poor fiance! Hopefully he'll file some ideas away for future gifts for you! Thank you for your kind words re my collection. I think it's rapidly reaching the end of its evolution, which pleases me. I like to feel like I acquired all the pieces I wanted and hit all my goals. And at that point....sell it all, perhaps, and just keep a few pieces? We'll see.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well, fashionably(?) late to the party as usual and with nothing particularly important to add...that's good ol'me:lol:

These are strikingly beautiful, another classic triumph and I can't wait to see the pictures.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @idealw2boys - I agree, they're very feminine - which I love about them. I don't have any events planned, but will definitely be wearing them on Christmas morning with my pajamas! .. :mrgreen:..

Thank you, @MamaBear, I'm glad you like them. ..:))..

Photos will definitely be taken on Christmas morning, @ItsMainelyYou! Possibly a LOT of photos.... :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Photos will definitely be taken on Christmas morning, @ItsMainelyYou! Possibly a LOT of photos.... :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:
[/QUOTE]

Gauntlet thrown!
I am holding you to that. 8-)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
X

X5M

Absolutely stunning Mrs-b! What a wonderful gift. I cannot wait to see more pictures :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @X5M - I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing ore of it myself! :))

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous! Soooooooo lovely! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy to share the photos I received this evening of my Christmas gift from my god kids and their dad.

Made by DKJ in 18kt rose gold with .75 ctw of colorless, eye clean diamonds and a bunch of different Australian crystal opals, most of which were cut by our very own @jordyonbass, these babies are 2.5" long and round out my rose gold jewelry collection. I've wanted something like this for *such* a long time, and these really hit the spot! I don't have them yet - maybe Friday or perhaps Monday - but they'll certainly get a warm welcome when they arrive! After I've checked them out, I then have to return them to the giver till Christmas! That will sure test my resolve!

Here are the vendor pics.... Bella! :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - Jordy was all sorts of helpful with this. He's recently had an injury to his hand, and shipped the last 2 opals off to Justin at Black Opals Direct to get their final cut so they'd work with this project. He was prompt in his responses and nothing was ever too difficult for him. His attitude attached a lovely flavor to this project and made it all the more joyful. And DKJ's work is, as ever, wonderful.

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--1.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--2.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--3.jpg

such a beautiful pair :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received these today. They're stunning. Four photos - starting from a distance, closing in to close up.

Love these SO much!

new earrings_1.jpeg New earrings_2.jpeg

New earrings_6.jpeg
New earrings_5.jpeg

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Wowser they are so beautiful :)

idealw2boys

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b
They’re lovely on you. Just the right size and length to make a statement and the colors are gorgeous!

Enjoy wearing them!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous!! They look stunning on you!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Received these today. They're stunning. Four photos - starting from a distance, closing in to close up.

Love these SO much!

:lol:You came through, darling!
I love them and can't wait to see sun shots someday soon :love:
Happy Holidays to you and yours- or as we say in my house...
Gruss Vom Krampus!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results