shape
carat
color
clarity

Opal and diamond drop earrings by DKJ and M's Opal World

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredibly wonderful present!! I love everything about them - the opals themselves are luscious, the rose gold sets everything off beautifully, and the way the diamonds are arranged is perfectly balanced. I can just see you wearing these out to a very elegant dinner. A beautiful addition to your spectacular collection!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Love these! Your collection is such an inspiration. Merry Christmas! I hope you’ll update with some videos after they’re gifted; I’d love to see how they move on the ear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!! I can't wait to see ear shots!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous, @mrs-b I love them!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! Love your collection, Mrs. B.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - should make your Christmas extra merry this year!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These will look exquisite on you.. perfect for your face and coloring.. congratulations and what a wonderful, loving family you have.. I know it's easy for them to love you and you back but it's always so wonderful to see love in action.. really love these earrings, I saw them on Insta today! happy happy Christmas! (and Thanksgiving!)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I bet they will have lovely movement too when you are wearing them.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful! Just perfect!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I love Opals and those earrings are just everything!!! I can feel them dangle against my neck just looking at them. They will look so pretty on you. What a special gift from your godchildren and their dad.I can't wait for ear shots!!! Those are definitely inspiration earrings.!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what glamorous earrings! Dangles with opals, stunning... :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Congratulations @mrs-b on adding a piece that has always been on your list. Very romantic yet still so sleek and clean.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are exquisite! And what a lovely gesture from your loved ones. You are rich in treasures and in jewelry!

Sexypiggy

Shiny_Rock
Modelling pics please :bigsmile:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MRBXXXFVVS1 - well, thank you! And re good collections, it takes one to know one, my dear, because your pieces are divine!

Awwww @lydial - my apologies - I was only teasing! On the other hand, I *could* sit here and listen to adoration for these earrings for a very long time - they're pretty special! So - thank you! :wavey:

Ooooh - @bling_dream19 - a fellow bling + jammies sister! Yaaaaaay! There is so much I like about you! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Kim N :)) I'm so glad you like them! Ear shots will be coming post haste when I get them - but I think that won't be till after Christmas, I'm sorry. I feel kinda weird wearing them, taking photos, posting them on a public forum - when my god kids are always soooo proud to give me this stuff and see the look on my face when I unwrap their gifts! So when they come, I won't be doing a photo shoot - I'll be taking a quick look, then shipping them off to the giver. And it will hurt - believe me!!

Thank you, @OdetteOdile! I intend to wear them with my ruby and diamond 5 stone ring, my rose gold bangle and my skinny platinum and diamond accent bangles, and my rose gold heart pendant or one of my beautiful rose gold pins. It should be a nice combo. :bigsmile:

Hey there, @123ducklings! There's a little video on the DKJ insta page - I'll link it here. But as an FYI until I can get some more photos or video - all the stations are articulated, so they'll swing and have plenty of movement. I didn't want them to be stiff, so the construction allows for a lot of flexibility - which should look fab! (I hope.)

Here's he link for the video -

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @diamondseeker2006 :wavey: They're 2.5" long, but I have a longish neck, so the length is nice. I'll definitely be wearing these on Christmas day (with my jammies, as per @bling_dream19!) and will post videos asap!

Thank you, @Slick1 :)) I hope all is well with you - I think of you and your kind heart often. You were so nice to me when I was so ill during this year, and I appreciated it a great deal. Big hugs to you. ox

Thanks, @seaurchin! Does it sound stuck on myself if I say - I love it too? :mrgreen: My jewelry does exactly what I think jewelry is meant to do: it makes me happy. And you can't fight that, can you!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I can say I was quite pleasantly surprised when I received an email from you @mrs-b with the photos of your latest creation with DK!! Those are some absolutely stunning Opal earrings and it was an honour to work with you to help your vision for these priceless earrings come to life.

PS'ers have the best taste in jewelry :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks - I love Christmas and you're right - it's always merry! But these beautiful baubles will make it EXTRA merry, as you say. :)) Something beautiful to which I can look forward.

Hi @Bayek! How goes it with all things house related in Texas? I think of you often and hope things are progressing smoothly! I have to say, re these earrings, I agree with you that they should suit me. My coloring runs to pink, so rose gold really IS my metal - even tho most of my jewelry is yellow. But with the opals, these should make the most of my coloring and suit me well. Can't wait to get them! Big hugs to you, Kate-The-Great! (Sure wish I could do that in person!)

Hi there, @RunningwithScissors! .. :wavey:.. I think the movement should be very pretty. Every station is articulated, so the whole earring will bend and move, which will either look really sexy on me or...more likely...get stuck in my hair so I'll be the woman who takes 2 steps...stops to untangle earrings...takes 2 more steps...stop...and so on! Or maybe it will just be something in the middle, like with normal people! Wouldn't *that* be nice! .. :mrgreen:.. Either way, I'm gonna love them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @iluvcarats! Your taste is exquisite, so if you say they're perfect, that's a wonderful compliment! I hope all is well with you and yours in the run up to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Wishing you a very happy festive season!

Awww - thank you, @peppermintpatty! I find opals inspirational, just in general! Such a pretty gem! And so girly! It's lovely to see them having such a resurgence - they deserve it!

@LLJsmom - seriously - it's like you really do know me! (Actually, after all these years...maybe you do!) Romantic but clean lines - classic and balanced - pretty but understated - that is my aesthetic EXACTLY. Well, it's what I try for, anyway. I feel like these earrings are a perfect reflection of everything I love about jewelry, and maybe life in general, were one to look closely enough. Beauty, family, quality, restraint, generosity, color, fun, high standards (DKJ's workmanship), patience (I collected these opals over years, not weeks) - jewelry can reflect so much of the wearer, or what they value in others. Thanks for being able to see some of that. ..:))..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala - what a lovely way to express it! I am indeed rich in all the ways that count. <3 Thank you for that comment - it's a nice reminder of what a lucky woman I am. And I'm glad you like the earrings! :))

Hi @elle_71125! I *knew* you'd like them - being PS's color queen, an' all! I think they're just so pretty! I think they'll be perfect for jazzing up an otherwise plain outfit, and will make a nice focus. Can't wait to get them!

@Sexypiggy - not till I receive them at Christmas. Bit of a wait, sadly....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the man himself....

@jordyonbass!

I'm so glad you like what I did with your treasures, Jordy! Being Australian, gifts that originate from home are always EXTRA special, and these will be in my collection forever.

Thank you for your contribution to the joy of this fellow Aussie - it's much appreciated!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now, some photos of the earrings in construction.

I started with these opals....

IMG_8381.jpg

But you can perhaps see that one opal is darker and smaller than the rest, while the bottom right opal - very colorful and lovely - ended up not actually being real. These 2 were the only 2 that did NOT come from M's Opal World. The other 4 were perfect.

Here's a shot of when we tried to set the six I had. The fake one was much whiter (tho that doesnt show up clearly in the photo), and the darker one stood out markedly. So that was a no-go.

IMG_8380001.jpg

But then I found *these* 2 beauties on the M's site....

03_08.jpg

They were a perfect match...but slightly large. Jordy had hurt his hand, so he sent them to Justin at Black Opals Direct, who recut them to my specs, so now all six opals are from M's Opals World and are, of course, wonderful! Since they're a natural product, the six opals together aren't uniform, so there was a lot of jiggling to and fro, balancing for color and length. Frankly, I like that about them I wanted them to look natural, not manufactured, so a little disparity was welcome. These photos were taken to show proportion, not color - so are not representative of how the opals look in that regard.

IMG_8451.jpg

This gives a better color idea....LOTS of turquoise and lime green - which I wanted!

624327068.jpg

We cast them more than once....

IMG_9256.jpg

And each station was articulated, so they'll bend and swing when I move my head:

IMG_9259003.jpg

And - after adding 24 x 3pt colorless, eye clean, well cut diamonds - we finally ended up...here: forever earrings.

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--1.jpg

And I love them. <3

Many thanks to David Klass Jewelry and M's Opals World for this wonderful new piece. And mostly to my god kids and their dad for being so unspeakably generous!

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_8380001.jpg
    IMG_8380001.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there, @123ducklings! There's a little video on the DKJ insta page - I'll link it here. But as an FYI until I can get some more photos or video - all the stations are articulated, so they'll swing and have plenty of movement. I didn't want them to be stiff, so the construction allows for a lot of flexibility - which should look fab! (I hope.)

Here's he link for the video -

I just saw the video on his IG! The articulated stations will be great, very elegant. Thank you also for posting the progress pics — always so fun to see the process when we can.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your new earrings are stunning! I love opals so much. I would love to have some earrings custom made at some point. Yours take my breath away. What a fantastic and amazing gift from sweet people who love you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to share the photos I received this evening of my Christmas gift from my god kids and their dad.

Made by DKJ in 18kt rose gold with .75 ctw of colorless, eye clean diamonds and a bunch of different Australian crystal opals, most of which were cut by our very own @jordyonbass, these babies are 2.5" long and round out my rose gold jewelry collection. I've wanted something like this for *such* a long time, and these really hit the spot! I don't have them yet - maybe Friday or perhaps Monday - but they'll certainly get a warm welcome when they arrive! After I've checked them out, I then have to return them to the giver till Christmas! That will sure test my resolve!

Here are the vendor pics.... Bella! :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - Jordy was all sorts of helpful with this. He's recently had an injury to his hand, and shipped the last 2 opals off to Justin at Black Opals Direct to get their final cut so they'd work with this project. He was prompt in his responses and nothing was ever too difficult for him. His attitude attached a lovely flavor to this project and made it all the more joyful. And DKJ's work is, as ever, wonderful.

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--1.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--2.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--3.jpg

Oh my gosh, I'm so totally in love with these!! Danglies, opals, diamonds.......what's not to love??

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing the extra photos, I loved seeing the work in progress. The sentiment behind these gorgeous ear rings makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. They will look beautiful on you and I can’t wait to see ear shots :love:.

You’ve got such a amazing memory, I’ve decided to wear my ER and enjoy it for the time being. My jeweller inspected it and it’s safe to do so and it’s insured. Our 30th wedding anniversary is coming up in a few years so maybe .....

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh the dream team - Jordy B & Justin from BOD! The earrings look gorgeous and I can't wait to see modelling shots. :dance:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're welcome, @123ducklings! I love progress photos - love seeing how these pieces come together. Earrings due for delivery today! :mrgreen:

Hi, @luv2sparkle .. :wavey: .. These were quite a long time in the making and, for anyone interested, were in the 6-7k range. Without putting too specific a dollar amount on them, I find it very useful to know what I'm shooting for, if I'm looking at a particular piece somewhere down the track. The opals range from 7.5 x 5.5 to 8 x 6mm. The diamonds are all 3 pointers. The design is 100% mine.

Hi @Catmom - nothing not to love in these! Pure opal-y goodness!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b somehow everything you do is both an instant classic and utterly unique (thinking about your recent charm bracelet project!). Love these so much; this is yet another creation that I wish I could purchase premade. Too bad for us that you don't moonlight as a jewelry designer!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results