shape
carat
color
clarity

Opal and diamond drop earrings by DKJ and M's Opal World

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to share the photos I received this evening of my Christmas gift from my god kids and their dad.

Made by DKJ in 18kt rose gold with .75 ctw of colorless, eye clean diamonds and a bunch of different Australian crystal opals, most of which were cut by our very own @jordyonbass, these babies are 2.5" long and round out my rose gold jewelry collection. I've wanted something like this for *such* a long time, and these really hit the spot! I don't have them yet - maybe Friday or perhaps Monday - but they'll certainly get a warm welcome when they arrive! After I've checked them out, I then have to return them to the giver till Christmas! That will sure test my resolve!

Here are the vendor pics.... Bella! :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - Jordy was all sorts of helpful with this. He's recently had an injury to his hand, and shipped the last 2 opals off to Justin at Black Opals Direct to get their final cut so they'd work with this project. He was prompt in his responses and nothing was ever too difficult for him. His attitude attached a lovely flavor to this project and made it all the more joyful. And DKJ's work is, as ever, wonderful.

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--1.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--2.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--3.jpg

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Happy to share the photos I received this evening of my Christmas gift from my god kids and their dad.

Made by DKJ in 18kt rose gold with .75 ctw of colorless, eye clean diamonds and a bunch of different Australian crystal opals, most of which were cut by our very own @jordyonbass, these babies are 2.5" long and round out my rose gold jewelry collection. I've wanted something like this for *such* a long time, and these really hit the spot! I don't have them yet - maybe Friday or perhaps Monday - but they'll certainly get a warm welcome when they arrive! After I've checked them out, I then have to return them to the giver till Christmas! That will sure test my resolve!

Here are the vendor pics.... Bella! :bigsmile:

ETA And just to add - Jordy was all sorts of helpful with this. He's recently had an injury to his hand, and shipped the last 2 opals off to Justin at Black Opals Direct to get their final cut so they'd work with this project. He was prompt in his responses and nothing was ever too difficult for him. His attitude attached a lovely flavor to this project and made it all the more joyful. And DKJ's work is, as ever, wonderful.

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--1.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--2.jpg

DKPV2020-11-16------OE--3.jpg

Wow!! So beautiful @mrs-b. Enjoy and wear in good health!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg they’re stunning, of course. What a beautiful gift!

Can’t wait to see them on you!

I’ve been thinking a lot about your wise words as I develop my own collection. Very exciting to see your progress! These earrings will look stunning on you. Will they match your opal ring? I forget.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What color!

L

lydial

Wow!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, @mrs-b, your earrings are divine. I'd find it very difficult to return them to the giver for any amount of time!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness!! They'd have to be pried away from my clutches! They are spectacular, tasteful, elegant and beautifully executed, just like your entire collection. I LOVE them.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what an amazing set of earrings! An incredible gift!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud. Those are knockout. I need videos!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, these are so lovely! They are delicate but robust, fluid & feminine!

Can't wait to see what you think of them & obviously you MUST take sneaky ear shots before you send them away to be wrapped!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are exquisite @mrs-b! Ear ring goals! Sigh.... :kiss2::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @Mlh - the earrings are wonderful, but good health is without price, isn't it? :))

@pearaffair - good morning! How is your sale going? Altho the opals look nice enough together (ring and earrings), the ring is yellow and the earrings are rose. So - no - they won't be worn together. I like rose and white metals together, but rose and yellow are too close, to my way of thinking, meaning that the color of both just gets lost in the wash and 'muddied'.

Thanks, @PreRaphaelite! The old I get, the less I care about diamonds and the more I love color. And you can't beet a good opal for color, can you? :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lydial - lol - thank you! I'm going to take that as approval! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @Redwoods-hiker-girl! Believe me when I tell you - it will be a veeeeery long 3 weeks between when I give them back, then find them again under the tree!!

Thank you, @Dandi! I love them, too. :)) They have so much character and warmth - I just love them! My rose gold pieces are definitely improving!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. ❤️
I know these will look incredible on you @mrs-b. Wishing you good health and blingy cheer. And sending warm (((hugs))) your way.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Kyton. :)) I think so, too!

Thanks, @Polabowla! I should have said at the beginning - I bought the opals and the diamonds - the *setting* is the gift. It's still an amazing gift, but throw in the opals and the diamonds as well, and it would have been something too large to accept. But as a setting - given our usual exchanges this time of year - it's just right. :))

<helping @MakingTheGrade upoffthefloor>......
Thank you, MTG! I'll see what I can do. I think they might pop up on the DKJ insta page tho. I'll post a link here if they do. :wavey:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings! Would love to see them on, and videos and more pictures!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Alex T! They're really all those things, aren't they? I think they'll be one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. I do wear all my pieces, but some more than others, and these are perfect dinner earrings! I have some lovely Jonny Was silk shirts, with which these will go perfectly!

Awwww - thank you, @Sparkles88! And have you made any progress re your e-ring diamond? I know you had an issue with it a couple of years ago and was wondering how it was holding up. As an Australian myself, I'm aware of the limitations of the diamond industry there, and options can be slim for addressing something like this. Did you end up re-setting? I hope all is well there.

Hi @missy :)) I knew you'd approve - being drop earrings an' all! I think they'll suit my face and I know they have a place in my wardrobe - so - all systems go for a long happy life in my jewelry box! Thank you for the blingy cheer. We put our outdoor lights up the other week and put up our lit garlands yesterday. So the house is looking very festive - not exclusively Christmas-y as we haven't put up Christmas decorations or trees or anything like that - but just festive, with lots and lots of twinkle lights and greenery garlands...with more twinkle lights! And the good health wishes are always welcome - I could sorely use some help in that direction at the moment. ox

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
These are beautiful! I love the opals and they way they are set in the bezel and I adore the diamonds set in 4's. These will be stunning on you and the perfect dinner earrings!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
These are magnificent @mrs-b The craftsmanship is fantastic. Hope the wait until Christmas is not too painful! Enjoy and hope you wear them for many years in good health.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the ear shots!

DK :kiss2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, elegant and colourful with a touch of girlie fun. Can't wait to see more photos.

Bishbunch

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love them!!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Your curated collection is so amazing!

L

lydial

@lydial - lol - thank you! I'm going to take that as approval! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @Redwoods-hiker-girl! Believe me when I tell you - it will be a veeeeery long 3 weeks between when I give them back, then find them again under the tree!!

Thank you, @Dandi! I love them, too. :)) They have so much character and warmth - I just love them! My rose gold pieces are definitely improving!

@mrs-b Yes, much approval! Sorry I didn’t type more I was in a meeting for work.But, they are stunning! Workmanship, stone color next to metal tone, all of it!!! Wow!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kathley :wavey: I'll definitely post some more photos when they arrive. I think they're gorgeous, too. :))

@bling_dream19 - Hi, Bling! That's what I think, too! Perfect dinner earrings! Or...perfect 'sitting up in bed in my jammies drinking coffee and cuddling my dogs while looking glam' earrings. :mrgreen: I'm happy for them to multi-task! :wavey:

Thank you, @Tartansparkles! They are definitely girly - I agree! And the color hits my eye in exactly the right spot! I'm glad you like them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@rcjtraveler - the wait till Christmas is going to kiiiiiiillll meeeeeee!!! But I'll suck it up and try to stay patient. I absolutely love them, and I agree - the craftsmanship looks awesome!

@dk168 - me too! Since ear shots means I'll have them in my hands! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much, @Bishbunch! I can tell - these are going to be a real favorite with me!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yes they are perfect for looking cute in jammies drinking coffee, looking at the Christmas tree and dinner...well you get the point...all the time they are fabulous :kiss2: I LOVE wearing bling while wearing my pajamas to dinner...one of my fave things to do :bigsmile:
We can't wait for earshots!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b your collection is so enviable! Can't wait to see ear shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results