Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no I've done it again!!!! :wall:

I've just brought this ceylon sapphire cocktail ring :-o

screenshot_2015-11-26-08-29-03.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean, oh no, I love this ring!!!!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I do love this ring, looks gorg and it's my first cocktail ring so yay! Can't wait to wear it over the Xmas period and see people's reactions! I used to wear costume jewellery like this a bit so can't wait to say 'they are saphs' :naughty:

Only problem is I just brought a ring (red spinel)!!! I was supposed to be saving...I'm so weak!

But hey, at least my thirst for a big ring has been quenched. For now...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring too. :love:
Please post more pics redspinel. I LOVE this!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I'll absolutely post more pics when I have it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you and looking forward to it!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so pretty!!! I've been looking (casually) for something similar to this. Do you mind sharing who the vendor is? Congrats on another great piece! Enjoy!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! It's a LeVian ring...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!!!! Absolutely gorgeous.
Looking forward to see more pics when you have received it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
theredspinel|1448559034|3954468 said:
Thank you! It's a LeVian ring...

haha oops, missed actually looking at the title of the video because I was too busy drooling over how gorgeous the ring is! :oops:

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha I can sympathise.

If you end up getting one pleeease post a pic! I'm really getting into their big rings just now...and they just have the most gorgeous ones!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Oops I did it again... Sapphire Cocktail Ring HELP

Ok just thought of a potential problem. This ring is in a US size 7 (only one they had in this) so I brought it because I liked it that much, whilst I am a ring size 5...

I know in most jewellery stores they say there's no problem sizing up or down 2 sizes max so I thought I'd be ok until I did a little more reading up on US sizings..

I've only ordered once before in a US ring size and it was 5 and it fit perfectly hence thinking a 7 could be sized 2 sizes down. However, now I'm reading about all the half sizes (and even quarter sizes) so I'm wondering is size down from 7 to a 5 two sizes down or four sizes down?!

I'm in the UK btw.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!

I believe a size 7 to a size 5 is two sizes, as you thought. Or that's how I've always thought about it. So, you should be fine. The shank is simple, so as long as the sizing doesn't actually effect the beautiful head of the ring, you are okay.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because the setting sits on top of a simple shank/band, I believe that this ring has more leeway in sizing than some and should be fine. (But I am not a bench jeweler). Fun piece!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hopefully it should be ok. As soon as it arrives I'll take it to a few jewellers and see what they say.

Btw lilmosun, forgot to say in the other thread, gorgeous gorgeous ring your your avatar pic!!! Do you mind posting a pic of the ring on your hand but at a distance please? No worries if you can't!

What are the stones?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, from a 7 to a 5 would be 2 sizes. From the construction of the ring, it should be easily sized down. And the size of the flower means it probably won't spin, even though it is top heavy.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats! :clap: I hope the sizing works out. Looking forward to more pics soon! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results