shape
carat
color
clarity

OOPS! I bought the stone, then I found this site!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dogloose

Rough_Rock
The stone is now being set in an engagement ring. After reading the info on this site, I'm curious to know your opinions on how well you think I did. Here are the detailsGIA Certificate 2-15-01
Marquise, 1.53 carats, D, VS2
11.22 X 6.06 X 3.71
Depth: 61.2%, Table: 51%
Culet: None, Fluor: None
Polish/Symmetry: Good-Good
Girdle: Thick-Very Thick
Price Paid: $9,900Did I do well? Could I have done better (better price on the stone or better stone for the price?) Thanks.dogloose

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dogloose,Well it looks like you did very well ad the price looks good to me.The only thing from the report that can cause questions is very thick girdle...Otherwise, you have to tell us how it looks like, is there a strong bow tie?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Actually it's pretty common for girdles on fancies like marquise' and pear to have "very thick" girdles. This usually occurs at the points of the stone which are the most fragile. Having it checked out by a local gemologist to see if it is girdle heavy wouldn't be a bad idea either.Peace,
Rhino------------------
To see and learn the most critical information you can before the purchase visit "The Ultimate Diamond Information Site" at www.goodoldgold.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results