shape
carat
color
clarity

Ooh New Banners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see that we have some new banners up. The GOG one is cool with the Ideal scope images. Does anyone think that the Whiteflash one with 'diamond studs' is a little odd? :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Does anyone think that the Whiteflash one with 'diamond studs' is a little odd? :)
----------------

Which one is odd, Mara? :)

wfBasset.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not the first one, hadn't run across that one yet...the second with the flash of earrings. Maybe because the woman's head is partially cutoff, it just strikes me as such an odd looking banner! :) I had to stare at it for a little bit to get it (though it got my eyeballs and that is the point!).
:naughty:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I thought you are talking about basset. It looks a bit unorthodox for jewelry company, don't you think? :)
----------------
I had to stare at it for a little bit to get it (though it got my eyeballs and that is the point!).
----------------
Well, I thought the point of any banner is not to get you stare at it but to click and buy! :bigsmile:

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I think that the dog advertisment is really cute. I don't really care for the black and white add though, it's kind of creepy looking.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the compliment Mara. I've been experimenting with other cool banner ideas too. That same ol static one was getting a wee bit boring I thought. If I'm not mistaken I can throw up more banners in the mix too eh Leonid?

Regards,
Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha well I'm in internet marketing, part of what I do for my company is give them creative direction on what to put on our banners and internet marketing campaigns. Since I'm not the designer, they don't always GET IT, but I can try.

There can be a few 'points' to doing banners, for many of my company's ads we are not really driving internet sales as much as we are driving exposure and brand recognition. Many of our products are purchased in retail stores--we are trying to be the name they remember when they walk down that store aisle. But many other companies who rely heavily on internet revenue will have banners whose sole purpose is to drive sales. From industry reports, people are becoming numb to banner ads, so anything that can 'get the eyeballs', regardless of whether or not they click-through will have some positive effect on the brand and company in the future. So even though I think the black and white ad is ODD and looks too busy, it got my eyes for about a full minute while I tried to figure out what is going on.

The dog one is cool, very unusual but again, captures the eyes for a few seconds, at least long enough to go..'Hmmmmm what is THAT about?'. I think a great touch would be if the dog was wearing diamond studs! :bigsmile:

The GOG one is great because it speaks to the user, and it has a call to action (go Rhino!), aka it is telling the consumer 'We know you are searching for into, come here to see all we can give you'. It's a very apt ad for what GOG delivers in the way of diamond specifics as well, which is much more than the average internet co. That is the ace they have in the hole...the amount of info they give to the consumer, so they should definitely play it up. The Whiteflash ads don't have a call to action, its more for an exposure campaign from my standpoint.

Bet that is more than you wanted to know, eh? Leonid, do you create the ads for the co's or do they just give you the finished product to your specs?

BTW I noticed other small changes in the site too...e.g. modification of forum buttons (e.g. preview, cancel, submit, etc), looks great!
;))

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Interesting comments guys - thanks.
----------------
I think a great touch would be if the dog was wearing diamond studs! :bigsmile:
-------
That would be too much for me! :bigsmile:
----------------
Bet that is more than you wanted to know, eh? Leonid, do you create the ads for the co's or do they just give you the finished product to your specs?
----------------
I did a few banners long time ago but not these ones. Although, I had to optimize Jonathan banner - it was over 36KB and brought it down to 22. :)
----------------
BTW I noticed other small changes in the site too...e.g. modification of forum buttons (e.g. preview, cancel, submit, etc), looks great!
;))
----------------
Thanks. :) These are from the new version of the forum software. I plan to move to more powerful server in January so will be more changes on the forum.
----------------
If I'm not mistaken I can throw up more banners in the mix too eh Leonid?
------
Sure… but I will cost you dear :bigsmile:

I personally don't believe in banners at all :cheeky:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow ... thanks for that input Mara! I'm always open to constructive criticism positive or negative. It's nice to hear some positive. :)

I guess in one sense I'm a banner dummy as I thought 36k was a fairly small file but Leonid has managed to maintain good quality images and bring it to 22k. I have more playing to do. ;-)

Thanks Mara and Leonid. You guys rock. :)

Kind regards,
Rhino

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we're busy trying to figure out how to place diamond stud earrings on a bassett hound's moving ears so they will look just right :)

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lesley that should be interesting! :) Can't wait to see the result.

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
Lesley,

Here is a quick idea. What if when the dog's ears flopped up, there was a pair of diamond studs that got exposed. Don't know exactly how it would work out but it is an idea to play with. I am trying to get into the internet business too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly! :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly! :)

jkruer01

Rough_Rock
Lesley,

How about a free pair of Diamond Studs for me and Mara for our input on the ads!:naughty: LOL! Just joking, unless you are considering it. Seriously though, let us know how the ads turn out.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results