shape
carat
color
clarity

Onvacation''s OEC ration

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,
I was saving my 100th post for a formal introduction of myself and my recent proposal. But silly me, I forgot all about it and only noticed it afterwards. Now I know 100 is nothing compared to those of you who have been here for more than a couple of years, and I know that no one will even be able to tell later since the system doesn''t tell you what # post this is, but I kinda used my first post on something that didn''t get interpreted too well and didn''t get a chance to introduce myself properly, so I wanted to make up for that. (Thanks to everyone who still made me feel welcome, though I must have come across as a weirdo lurker stranger!
37.gif
) I was also waiting for the proposal, and figured I would post in this thread and introduce myself then, but I couldn''t find my camera after the proposal, so that didn''t work out either... Oh we did get pics of the proposal, but while my FI''s camera is awesome, it''s not the best camera for macro shots, so I was putting off telling my proposal story for lack of ring shots.

But. I wanna get this done with, and pictures or no pictures or crappy pictures, here''s my story.

In a nutshell, FI and I looked around for a ring for about half a year. Which is about as long as we''ve been dating. I know, it sounds crazy, but we both knew we were getting into this relationship for the better when we first started seeing each other as BFGF. FI originally was thinking of a RB solitaire. I was dead set on getting an elongated cushion. After contemplating pretty much every shape, setting, color, stone and metal out there, FI ended up getting me this OEC solitaire and proposed Valentine''s Day evening.

cam shot ring - small.JPG

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry about the horrible first picture! At least it gives you an idea, no?

9.gif

I''ve just now been searching my room high and low for my camera, and while I haven''t found it yet, I did find FI''s memory card that I had misplaced last week. Here are some pics of the ring before he proposed. (Yeah, I just couldn''t wait, and neither could he to show it to me before the proposal. I held out with all my willpower, but I couldn''t go longer than a week before giving into seeing the ring before he proposed.)

nana-1.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I was obsessed with capturing the flashes of fire in the sunlight that afternoon while FI was in the shower...

nana-2.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
It''s still hard to believe it''s mine! *gulp*

nana-3.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
A bit of blue...

nana-4.JPG

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
You''d better get those photos into the Fire thread before Ellen sees them! WOW is all I can say. It looks amazing!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now, at least until I can find my camera! When I do, I''ll try to get some shots where you can actually see the STONE and CUT, rather than just lots of white light and fire. Not that that''s bad or anything, right?
9.gif

nana-5.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!
36.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. It looks huge on your hand and so blindingly white. Congratulations on your engagement. Do you know what the specs on the stone are?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful....I love old cuts!

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
A Big A$$ diamond is a GREAT introduction! That''s fabulous! Are the stats posted somewhere?

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful congrats, that ring has a lot of fire! What are the specs?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
ARGHHHHHHHHH! I CANT SEE THE DIAMOND!!!!!!!! Can you post clearer close ups and diamond stats please? Thanks!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Onvacation it looks like such a STUNNER!!
I''m eager to see more pictures! Looks gorgeous on you! More hand shots please!
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 1:28:05 AM
Author: EricaR
You''d better get those photos into the Fire thread before Ellen sees them! WOW is all I can say. It looks amazing!
Too late!
9.gif

Awesome fire there missy!
36.gif
Please do try and get some clear close ups of this beauty. I just love the look of these older stones.
30.gif

And congratulations!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!

Nice fire. Could you also try to get some clearer ones so that we can see the stone as well? :)

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats OnVacation! It''s beautiful!
Yes I agree with the others, some clearer shots please!
9.gif
emphoto.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock

OnVacation -- Your ring looks gorgeous!

I can''t wait to see more pics. I love the chunky faceting of OEC''s.

Great story and fantastic find! No fair ... I wanna OEC.

25.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
My goodness, it looks HUGE, and BEAUTIFUL!!! Must have specs....and LOTS more pics!
36.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 12:43:10 PM
Author: surfgirl
ARGHHHHHHHHH! I CANT SEE THE DIAMOND!!!!!!!! Can you post clearer close ups and diamond stats please? Thanks!
Yes, Yes, DITTO!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza!!! Old cuts are the bomb!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Thanks sooooooo much for the compliments and congratulations, even with the bad pictures. I''m back with more pics! Yay!

Hopefully you''ll be able to see more of the cut in this one, but it''s hard to get the stone to stop sparkling!

Oh stone, please be dull just for five minutes, so I can show you to the other nice ladies? hmm, please?

3_3_1.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
handshot.

3_3_2.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the big pictures; but this way, you can see details! (No, not details like my hairy fingers!)

3_3_3.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
fuzzy-

3_3_4.JPG

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
A bit dark, but I think you can see the facets best in this picture. I can''t seem to get the facets if I have more lighting. argh.

3_3_5.JPG

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Oh so pretty and a valentines day proposal! How romantic!

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you BlueJeans!
5.gif
Here''s my best shot yet!

3_3_6.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow! more photos yay!!
It''s a gorgeous stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results