shape
carat
color
clarity

online vs B&M

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ceylonfan

Rough_Rock
Just wondering whether online vendors are amenable to negotiating on price. Some B&Ms do negotaite albeit they probably start at a higher price so they have wiggle room. Any experiences with online vendors working with you once you''ve narrowed your choice?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ceylonfan,

I''ve not heard of an online vendor negotiating. And you''re right, B&M do, but I would venture to guess, most times you''d still pay more at one of them, for less quality than you''d get online.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2007 10:17:01 AM
Author:ceylonfan
Just wondering whether online vendors are amenable to negotiating on price. Some B&Ms do negotaite albeit they probably start at a higher price so they have wiggle room. Any experiences with online vendors working with you once you''ve narrowed your choice?
It doesn''t seem so, the already operate on much slimmer margins than B&M, so I wouldn''t rely on you getting a discount by negotiation.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there something we could help you find?

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
That''s not true--

I actually emailed Mark Scheffield at U.S.A Certed Diamonds, and they were able to aquire the same diamonds from James Allen and Blue Nile, and offered to beat their price by 200 bucks. They have a "lowest price on the internet" guarantee, so you should follow up with that.

email or call them, their website is: http://www.usacerteddiamonds.com

I don''t think they can get stones from Good Old Gold and Whiteflash, but they can pick them up from any other vendor.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 12:58:44 PM
Author: curiopotter
That''s not true--

I actually emailed Mark Scheffield at U.S.A Certed Diamonds, and they were able to aquire the same diamonds from James Allen and Blue Nile, and offered to beat their price by 200 bucks. They have a ''lowest price on the internet'' guarantee, so you should follow up with that.

I don''t think they can get stones from Good Old Gold and Whiteflash, but they can pick them up from any other vendor.
I also got my diamond from Martin. I think he came down $200 on mine also, though there were no other vendors advertising my diamond. He does claim to beat everyone''s prices.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
err Martin-- not Mark. oops.

I didn''t end up buying from him, but he did offer a few at a reduced price. It wasn''t an email saying "We''ll beat any diamond by $200" It was more like, "They''re selling it for this, we''ll offer it to you for this" Most of the diamonds were around a $200 difference.

Were you happy with your decision Jazmine?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s not true--

I actually emailed Mark Scheffield at U.S.A Certed Diamonds, and they were able to aquire the same diamonds from James Allen and Blue Nile, and offered to beat their price by 200 bucks. They have a ''lowest price on the internet'' guarantee, so you should follow up with that.

curio, just for the record, Lorelei and I never said no, no one does, we implied we''d not seen or heard of it.
2.gif

And so, it seems there may be one...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2007 5:24:09 PM
Author: Ellen

That''s not true--

curio, just for the record, Lorelei and I never said no, no one does, we implied we''d not seen or heard of it.
2.gif

Yes, but those are virtual stones without all the pictures, idealscopes, etc. usually.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 5:32:28 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 2/7/2007 5:24:09 PM
Author: Ellen

That''s not true--

2.gif

Yes, but those are virtual stones without all the pictures, idealscopes, etc. usually.

He did send it to an appraiser for me to see before I decided if I wanted to purchase it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results