shape
carat
color
clarity

Online Vendor referral and buy now or later....

Thebishop07

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have been educating myself daily on all the vast resources that this website provides and I thank every single one of you who has helped us who plan to take the next big step.

I plan to propose to my girlfriend in the next 4-6 months or so and I have found exactly what she is looking for but plan on having the setting customized. I have been looking multiple online vendors who appear to be reputable but still unsure. I do like eternaldiamonds.com as they do send you prototypes of the ring. Does anyone have experience with them? Or does anyone recommend a vendor over them?

Now onto the diamond... I have been reading that prices have been going up up up and then up again over the past year which is making wonder, should I buy now or should I wait until I am about to propose? With the diamond prices going up, I am looking at a 1.0-1.1 carat instead of the 1.2-1.3 I was hoping to get.

I am also looking at a princess cut rock and does anyone know what specs I should consider?

The setting will be a Halo and I am thinking about F or maybe a G color.

thanks in advance!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
whiteflash.com
briangavindiamonds.com
jamesallen.com
goodoldgold.com

wreckem

Rough_Rock
Diamond prices are going to continue to go up.
Some vendors are significantly increasing the price of their settings.

If you want 1ct and a halo setting you need to buy sooner rather than later or you are going to have to come up with alot more money in 4-6 months.

Thebishop07

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input. I plan on getting a setting that is similar to this one: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/products/passion but $4000 for the setting a lone is a bit much. I am sure I can have a few of the details removed to bring down the costs. Also I linked the wrong vendor. It is eternitydiamonds.com. Has anyone had experience with them and does any know if they keep all their diamonds in house?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Many people on Pricescope have had excellent experiences with Eternity Diamonds. I've ordered some of the prototype rings and they were really lovely--it's a really nice service. I'm not sure about getting the center diamond from them; maybe others can chime in if they have experience with that. I'd probably go with a vendor that has images like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin Diamonds, Good Old Gold, or James Allen, and then have Eternity Diamonds set it into the setting (pretty sure it's a nominal fee to do this, like $30?).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results