shape
carat
color
clarity

online setting w/online diamond-where to set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucy

Rough_Rock
Hi
its me from "I GOT IT" down below. I got the diamond online (THANKS JONATHAN!!!-full story of our EXCELLENT experience and pics to come) and am thinking of getting the setting online too - are there places that will just SET your diamond in someone elses setting with someone elses diamond? and also still wondering about this part of my last question
will the diamond show more sparkle if it has a sort of open bottom setting or one in which light can get in on the side-like a tension mounting or is that all for looks and all that matters is that light gets in at the top?
hoorray was wondering too:
I''d be interested in hearing from the experts if the 6 (rather than 4)prongs negatively affect the brillance of the stone
Thank you so much everyone for all your wonderful comments and suggestions about the diamond-you are all so sweet!! special thanks to Richard and Jonathan!
love.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Light enters and exits a diamond from the top, so an open or closed setting will not affect the sparkle.

I would just send the setting to whoever you bought the diamond from, or vice versa. Whatever you're more comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results