shape
carat
color
clarity

Online Offers - Which 1.9ct G VS-2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JBG

Rough_Rock
Hi guys I am back with 2 much better options than before, but both are from internet sites and I have not seen them myself.Both 1.9 G VS-21) 7.94x7.99x4.90
61.5% Dep
55% Table
Thin-Thk Faceted
Culet - none
Polish - VG
Syn - Good
Flor - NoneSarin:
Crown - 35.1 DG
Pavil - 40.3 DG
Culet 0.8%
Girdle 0.7 thin2) 7.98x8.04x4.90
Dep - 61.2%
Tab - 55%
Thin-Med Faceted
Culet - None
Polish - Ex
Sym - Ex
Flor - NoneNo Sarin Data.Prices are very close
#1 at 15,700
#2 at 16,000What do you think???

JBG

Rough_Rock
Cut Nut,Thanks for the quick reply.
I am wondering. Even if I get to see the diamonds myself, I certainly won't be able to tell the minute differences on the cut.However, the #2 Diamond has GIA ratings for Symetry as Excellent (polish too) vs. the other with Good and VG. How does GIA come to this rating?? Basically you are saying to disregard this part of the rating in favor of the good Sarin results.Can you just explain that to me for a second.Thanks...

JBG

Rough_Rock
Cut Nut,Thanks for the quick reply.
I am wondering. Even if I get to see the diamonds myself, I certainly won't be able to tell the minute differences on the cut.However, the #2 Diamond has GIA ratings for Symetry as Excellent (polish too) vs. the other with Good and VG. How does GIA come to this rating?? Basically you are saying to disregard this part of the rating in favor of the good Sarin results.Can you just explain that to me for a second.Thanks...

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Symmetry and polish aren't the primary measures of cut quality and cut quality is a major factor affecting appearance. You can have a perfectly symmetrical diamond which is cut too deep, with angles which are too steep for good optical performance. Polish is the surface finishing and good is good enough, with even experts unable to tell the difference between that and excellent at normal viewing differences. Minor blemishes like polishing lines visible under a microscope or facets which don't quite meet up perfectly at the corners, even though the angles are right, are the sort of details which make the difference in those grades. Not something you're likely to see without a microscope.The cut quality is much easier to see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results