shape
carat
color
clarity

Online diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mag308

Rough_Rock
Why do websites that sell diamonds seem to have a much better selection and much better prices than local jewelers? Can these prices be used to bargain with a jeweler?

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The internet companies do not have the overhead that jewelry stores have. We are usually armed with better information. We here on Pricescope are knowledgeable about cut and many things about diamonds that most jewelers would not have a clue about. Usually sales clerks have only enough knowledge about the product they are selling that fills the little ticket attached to the ring or the diamond paper.
If you go into a jewelry store and tell them all the information you learned on Pricescope, they will not know what you are talking about. Most have no idea who or what Pricescope is and do not care. All you will accomplish in doing is upsetting them. If you play it dumb and keep pushing, you will get further but they cannot match our prices.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
So right, Diamond Bob.

This summer we traveled to one of our daughter's swim meets. While walking the square in Historic downtown of this small town, I happened on a jeweler who sold "Prestige" (if I recall correctly) diamonds. Had a big ad/sign plastered in the shop window. I couldn't resist. I just had to know what they were. The owner/jeweler told me his younger customers are getting more saavy about diamond buying. Not to mention the fact that people were driving to Kansas City and shopping on the internet now. His customers want "papered" diamonds. Sooooo, he sends his diamonds off to these guys at a lab in Chicago and he gets back reports with all the information. Color, clarity, carat weight, stuff like that. I pressed him a little on exactly what information he gets on the diamonds. I got the same response. When I mentioned a Sarin report, his eyes glazed over a bit (I could tell he didn't have clue what I was talking about), and HE asked ME what a Sarin was. I briefly explained it to him, his eyes glazed over again, and he quickly changed the subject. Fortunately, one of my kids popped in the door and rescued me at that point.
rodent.gif

Thank goodness for Price Scope!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow those savvy young customers need a lab report in order to drop thousands of dollars?! NO...say it isn't so! So demanding!
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
ROFL, Mara!
3.gif

He is their trusted, generations long, local jeweler. That ought to be good enough for them!
22.gif

mag308

Rough_Rock
So, what do I look for in a Sarin report? Please explain for us that are new to diamonds.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, we have some of the best experts and educated consumers on the web. Why cant the mall stores not beat the prices on the internet? Simple and I will explain later in detail. They just dont want to. They live in the past and figure their will be another sucker coming in that will pay the larger amount. Soon this will not be the case and we will loose more of them. Also the mall is full of people that didnt make it past the 4th grade and they are the experts? You proved that one
1.gif

The reason the web jewelers have a bigger selection is because its all on paper (yes paper, we all grab the same list and tell everybody we have them
1.gif
). If you went into the mall store and they said here is our
diamonds and hand you a list what would you think? Same with the internet. Why do you think there are multiple listings of the
same diamond on Pricscope! Or even better on Blue Nile. Somebody just emailed me a diamond that BN had on their
website and guess what it was just a list, I called the cutter that had the diamond and sold it! I wonder if BN knows its sold
1.gif

Much better prices ~ because if your only holding onto paper and your business is a beautiful webpage and your still eating
breakfast in your pajamas what is your overhead.

Do you really think all the people on the web own what they list? If any not many
1.gif

Yes, some websites are not like that but you would be shocked on how many are. Would you send your money to a stranger
that does not even own the diamond? Good luck.

Im just telling it like it is, Im hear to help the consumer.

Im glad you asked that question and I hope we all learn from this.

I would say get to know some of the people on this forum , if they do you wrong we know how to get a hold of them
1.gif

enjoy the hunt
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results