shape
carat
color
clarity

onecarat setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

novicegirl

Rough_Rock
please can soemone help. i have a one carat brilliant and want to set it in a ring so a weddign ring can sit flush next to it. i don''t want the setting to be too high and would prefer claws. any help gratefully received

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Have you looked at the D. Vatche x-prong settings. They have a lower profile and have matching bands that are contoured to fit flush with the ring.

Check it out:
http://www.diamond-rings.cc/solitaire_xprongs.asp
or
http://www.dvatche.com/eclipse/new_catalouge.htm

There are many posts on this ring, it is very popular for this reason. Run a search for D.Vatche or x-prong and you'll find a lot of helpful information. There are also many similar styles by other designers.

novicegirl

Rough_Rock
thanks for the help

the ring looks beautiful

i'm in the uk, does anyone know of a jeweller in the uk doing this setting?

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Hi Novicegirl,

I am also in the UK and was looking to buy an engagement ring about 3-4 months ago. Got engaged last week!!
love.gif

Was in exactly the same position as you - based in UK but wanted to see some of the De Vatche range. I emailed them in NY and asked whether they had any stockists in the UK so that I could have a look at some of their rings in person. Unfortunately they came back saying there is currently nobody in the UK who carries their stock.

The only two suggestions I have if you really want to see the design in person are:

1. Try and find someone in the UK who owns a De Vatche X-Prong (or any other setting you are interested in) and see whether you can meet up with them to inspect it.

family know when and where you are meeting them, pick a public place with lots of people about to meet, and take a friend or two along with you. sorry if that's obvious, but it's good sense!>

2. If you happen to be heading Stateside (or are able and want to make a specific trip - far too $$$ for me!) check out one of their stockists over there.

I ended up choosing another designer and design for different reasons, but I really liked De Vatche's range. I also bought the ring setting before I had seen it in person. As it turned out, that was fine because I (and my g/f) absolutely love it, but it was a risk at the time and the advice to inspect in person if at all possible before buying is very sound.

If you do end up deciding to buy a setting without seeing it first, make sure you know the vendor's return policy inside out - you want the ability and enough time after delivery to give you the opportunity to return the ring for refund in case you decide it's not for you. Explaining your position to the vendor may help.

SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
family know when and where you are meeting them, what time you should be finished, pick a public place with lots of people about to meet, and take a friend or two along with you. sorry if that's obvious, but it's good sense!>

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Hmmmm. Hope this is third time lucky! What I've been trying to add is that if you do meet up with anyone you don't know to inspect their setting:

- let family / friends know when, where and who you are meeting, and when you expect to be back;

- take a friend or two with you;

- make sure you meet in a public place where you know there will be other people about.

Sorry if that's obvious / patronising, but it's good sense!

SkyMonkey

novicegirl

Rough_Rock
thanks for the advice

my bestfriend lives in New York - so I suppose this is the perferct excuse for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results