shape
carat
color
clarity

One small step against a man

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
It''s great that Al Zaquari was killed. America needed a victory and finally we got one.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
bout time...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What ever happened to Leonid's admonition that we not speak ill of the dead?

De mortuis nihil nisi bene

I have no sympathy for terrorists, and am glad that this man is off the streets, but in my belief system, one does not take the life of another. Rejoicing in death and executions is not comfortable for me.

When I heard this news, I remembered John Donne's, "Every man's death diminishes me".

34.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2006 6:12:44 AM
Author: AGBF

What ever happened to Leonid''s admonition that we not speak ill of the dead?

I have no sympathy for terrorists, and am glad that this man is off the streets, but in my belief system, one does not take the life of another. Rejoicing in death and executions is not comfortable for me.

When I heard this news, I remembered John Donne''s, ''Every man''s death diminishes me''.

34.gif
AGBF: I wholeheartedly agree. I thought we were past the days of public lynchings?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:22:17 AM
Author: monarch64

When I heard this news, I remembered John Donne''s, ''Every man''s death diminishes me''.

34.gif
AGBF: I wholeheartedly agree. I thought we were past the days of public lynchings?

They need to come back, would send a very strong message.

I don''t like cheering someones death but I make an exception for murders, terrorists and child molesters.
Kill em all and the world will be better place.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 11:22:17 AM
Author: monarch64

34.gif

Now Now Storm....

We should all hold hands and eat cookies after our nap in the afternoon... Build a rainbow. I bet if we had just sat down and explained to him that he was being very mean and hurting other people''s feelings than he would have completely understood and agreed. Then we could have given him a warm sugar cookie and patted him on the head....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2006 5:37:16 PM
Author: MINE!!

Now Now Storm....

We should all hold hands and eat cookies after our nap in the afternoon... Build a rainbow. I bet if we had just sat down and explained to him that he was being very mean and hurting other people's feelings than he would have completely understood and agreed. Then we could have given him a warm sugar cookie and patted him on the head....

He was alive when he was found. He tried to get off the stretcher when he saw he was being taken by the Americans. He was mumbling. He may have done wicked things, but he was human. I don't want to join the party while you rejoice in his horrible death. That's it. Be sarcastic to me if you must.

34.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
''Splain to me the logic of tsk-tsking one sentence against a terrorist who beheads innocent people but yet lapping up paragraph upon paragraph of nastiness against the living? Why be nicer to a dead terrorist than to a live fellow human being?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
perhaps because the US is supposed to be better than him? belief in laws? trial in a court of law?

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 1:22:59 PM
Author: movie zombie
perhaps because the US is supposed to be better than him? belief in laws? trial in a court of law?

movie zombie
Well if your talking bout in the US....
trial by media you mean?
If the media wants ya convicted ya will be if they want ya let off ya will be.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, That must be why O.J. got off.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, that must be it.

movie zombie

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Trial - you got to be joking. He admits to killing. He wanted to continue killing. For pete bloody sake - he, himself, videotaped beheadings! So, if a policeman witnesses a person killing another and his life is now in danger - he shouldn''t shoot? This is self defense - at it''s purists form.

I have no sympathy for this killer. I have sympathy for his victims. And, I''m happy/relived for his FUTURE victims.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
So are we a nation of laws or do we sink to the level of terrorists????? Or maybe just half way there.
We have the best system of justice money can buy.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 12:34:33 PM
Author: Rank Amateur
'Splain to me the logic of tsk-tsking one sentence against a terrorist who beheads innocent people but yet lapping up paragraph upon paragraph of nastiness against the living?

First you must-uh-'splain to me to what you are referring. You are very bad at providing antecedents. You charge in with questions and one never knows to what you are referring! Who laps "up paragraph upon paragraph of nastiness against the living" and how?

BTW, the last time I asked you to what you were referring, you provided an essay on your views but never answered the question. I still have no clue as to what your original comment referred to! (See https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/democracy-assassinated-the-family-that-was-here.45924/.)

34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 12:00:33 PM
Author: fire&ice
Trial - you got to be joking. He admits to killing. He wanted to continue killing. For pete bloody sake - he, himself, videotaped beheadings! So, if a policeman witnesses a person killing another and his life is now in danger - he shouldn''t shoot? This is self defense - at it''s purists form.

I have no sympathy for this killer. I have sympathy for his victims. And, I''m happy/relived for his FUTURE victims.

even nazis got trials.

i certainly don''t have sympathy for this man but i don''t like the fact that the moral ground has been lost and we as a nation have come to the point that we behave like those we condemn. the old saying applies here: the pot calling the kettle black.

this incident will be used as evidence of US hypocracy and as a recruiting tool.

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 12:54:23 PM
Author: colormyworld
So are we a nation of laws or do we sink to the level of terrorists????? Or maybe just half way there.

We have the best system of justice money can buy.

While I agree with you that our criminal system is broke and can be brought and paid for war is different and he wasnt due any of the protections of a US citizen in the US and im not sad he is dead.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 3:48:16 PM
Date: 6/17/2006 12:00:33 PM

Author: fire&ice

even nazis got trials.

i certainly don''t have sympathy for this man but i don''t like the fact that the moral ground has been lost and we as a nation have come to the point that we behave like those we condemn. the old saying applies here: the pot calling the kettle black.

this incident will be used as evidence of US hypocracy and as a recruiting tool.

movie zombie

Id been there id gladly have put a bullet in his head.
Thats what you do to rabid dogs and terrorists.
Send the sas in after him they know how to handle em.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so why have law if we can each be our own judge/jury/executioner?

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 6:16:41 PM
so why have law if we can each be our own judge/jury/executioner?

movie zombie

good question but then again its war and thats different.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
no, its not different....there are still laws: anyone remember the Geneva Convention?

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 8:49:43 PM
no, its not different....there are still laws: anyone remember the Geneva Convention?

movie zombie

doesnt cover terrorists and we never signed it.
And actualy under the rules of the Geneva Convention and internetional law non-uniformed combatants can be executed on sight.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 2:57:47 PM

BTW, the last time I asked you to what you were referring, you provided an essay on your views but never answered the question. I still have no clue as to what your original comment referred to! (See https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/democracy-assassinated-the-family-that-was-here.45924/.)

34.gif
That particular thread is about Haditha - at least it starts out that way.

People were killed in Haditha and I was asking the question, "How many of those killed were the enemy?".

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2006 11:12:07 PM
Author: Rank Amateur
That particular thread is about Haditha - at least it starts out that way.

People were killed in Haditha and I was asking the question, ''How many of those killed were the enemy?''.

Thanks, R/A. That clears that up.

34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and therein lies a slippery slope: we''re at war but we''re at war against terrorism so rules don''t count. but if we sign or don''t sign doesn''t matter because we''re going to do what we want no matter what. so much for the moral higher ground. reminds me of a parenting style that goes "do as i say but not as i do". certainly hope those US servicemen who are now in the hands of terrorists/insurgents/freedom fighters [whatever you want to call them i''m sure they call us the same] receive better treatment than we dish out.

movie zombie

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2006 3:48:16 PM

even nazis got trials.

That's likely because Nazis didn't videotape themselves gassing people. If they had, maybe they wouldn't have gotten trials.

i certainly don't have sympathy for this man but i don't like the fact that the moral ground has been lost and we as a nation have come to the point that we behave like those we condemn.

We are behaving like those we condemn, huh? Gee, when did WE start beheading innocent people, videotaping it, and putting it on the internet?

As far as "moral ground".......I'd rather be a little less moral if moral comes at the expense of having our guys killed and beheaded. To me, their life is worth a bit more than moral highground.

I'm not in favor of killing either, and I'd like to think I'd take the moral highground, but yanno.....if someone was on my front lawn, threatening my family......well, moral highground would just have to take a back seat to my family's safety.

I'm all for "turn the other cheek" for penny ante crap....but honestly, if turn the other cheek means exposing my jugular so I can be mortally wounded, turn the other cheek goes out the window for me.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
And thats the rub. Who''s front yard are we standing in???

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2006 5:31:11 PM
Author: colormyworld
And thats the rub. Who''s front yard are we standing in???
Certainly not *their* country. Foreign nationals make up for more than quite a bit of the insurgence. It''s not *their* country they are "defending". They are not doing this for the good of Iraq. That is not *their* purpose.

I''m squarely with Al - this is self defense.

To bring up the Nazi''s - In my soul had I known about it & was in the vicinity, I would have machine guned all the guards murdering innocent children, women & men who vowed to their death to keep killing. And, what makes you (the collective you) so sure that those defending these death camps weren''t killed. The people put on "trial" were one''s through an investigation were believed to be responsible. No doubt there in Iraq. No investigation. Full & proud declaration of his guilt was made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results