shape
carat
color
clarity

One round Brilliant cut Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demacadio

Rough_Rock
One round Brilliant Cut Diamond ladies engagement ring for sale. It is 1.00 ct; Clarity I-2; Colour H and Cut medium/good. It is set in a 14K yellow and white gold 4 claw setting weighing 3.4 grams. It has been appraised by Gem Scan of Toronto for $8,150.00. I would like to sell it for $4500.00. If interested, please send me a message.
Thankss

Architect

Rough_Rock
Demacadio,
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but the price you are asking for your ring is a little on the...umm...ridiculuous side. The diamond itself isn't very good and a comparable one that has a better cut on pricescope costs only about $1800. $4500 is asking quite a lot considering you can get a spectacular diamond for that price. I bought a 1.03 carat round brilliant diamond, VS1 and H color for $4450 so to think you can get $4500 for yours is a little on the hopeful side. I know you are selling it in a setting, but I'm sure the setting isn't worth about $2700 on it's own. The people on this forum are pretty knowledgable about diamonds and know what a good price for one should be. Sorry to say, but someone would be better off going to a mall jeweler rather than buying from you.

Demacadio

Rough_Rock
Thanks very must for your honest response. I am trying to get atleast what I paid for it. I bought it from a reputable local chain.
Thanks

DiehardSearcher

Rough_Rock
I see it was appraised in Toronto, is your price US dollars or Canadian?
I am not interested, but it may squeeze the gap some.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry, but on eBay a stone like that sells for 250-900$...
As someone else said, a nice H-I VS costs about 4000-4500$ too, and it's a VS!

Demacadio

Rough_Rock
Please note that the quoted price is in Canadian dollars.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, I too have to give you some sad news. You wont get $4500 for it. You may get $1-$2K at most, & thats on the high side. I had a ring, appraised SI-2, F, cut: medium, Marquise with 1.25 ct princess Si-1-2, F colour on the sides, it sold for $3k. The appraisal: $17500. Your only hope would be to put it in the paper & hope someone likes it enough to buy it. If the price is ridiculously too low, keep the stone & put it in a pendent for your mother (if you have one). Or better yet, just keep it.

Judy
:)
Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results