shape
carat
color
clarity

One-of-a-kind-knock-your-socks-off Paraiba necklace

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, all,

I've been on hiatus, but I just have to share this necklace with you. It's a 68-carat total weight paraiba necklace. And the paraiba are pretty much all loupe clean. There are 41 stones in all. The color varies a little, but overall it's a pretty good match. He said it's all Brazilian. My jeweler said he spent a year and worked with 5 big companies here in Japan sourcing the stones and making the necklace. The front (bottom) drop stone is 9 carats. It's set in platinum, each setting is made for each stone and there are diamond mele between. It has a report from JGGL (Japan Germany Gemmological Laboratory) and was tested with an EXDXRF machine. It sparkles very beautifully. I think it's amazing so I thought I'd share it...

Anyway, here are some pictures....

_37337.jpg

_37338.jpg

_37339.jpg

_3819.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: whoa. I can't even imagine how much that costs! but boy it sure is pretty :love: :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow thank you for sharing!!!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I thought the Pricescope Paraiba fan club would like to see it. He was going to send it off to Tokyo to sell....

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's definetly nice.... but I just don't see the paraiba 'ness' in it. I don't know if it's because the gems are windowed or not highly saturated hence looking a little washed out... or what it is exactly. I just don't see the wow factor in its appearence (Obviously I appreciate how difficult it must have been to find and match all those stones).

Now maybe if I owned it and saw it in person... I'd be eating my words :D

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
True it may not be perfect, but I think just getting 41 fairly matched and clean Paraibas together and put in a necklace like this is quite a feat. Here is another picture in sunlight - looking a little more glowy. The color in the store lights wasn't so flattering. The necklace may not be perfect, I know I see some windows too, but I still think it's amazing for what it is! And we all know most stones don't photograph nearly as well as they look in real life. It does sparkle a lot irl. So I give it a thumbs up. I sure wouldn't kick it out of bed! :D

_3833.jpeg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! :clap: :clap:

Maybe I should break down and try to find a glowy paraiba . . . :think:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemandjewelrylover|1464439037|4037283 said:
True it may not be perfect, but I think just getting 41 fairly matched and clean Paraibas together and put in a necklace like this is quite a feat. Here is another picture in sunlight - looking a little more glowy. The color in the store lights wasn't so flattering. The necklace may not be perfect, I know I see some windows too, but I still think it's amazing for what it is! And we all know most stones don't photograph nearly as well as they look in real life. It does sparkle a lot irl. So I give it a thumbs up. I sure wouldn't kick it out of bed! :D

hahahaha my feelings exactly!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be alone in this, however, the necklace does not do much for me, too much of the same colour.

I would rather have just a few stones and set them amongst diamonds to bring out their colours.

DK :))

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No offense at those with different tastes or awe struck.............however I agree with dk168. I think it comes down to the fact that (other than the gems being Paraiba) I don't see anything distinctive about the necklace. I prefer a more artistic flavor in jewelry and especially if you are using that much of the same gem---and a gem as valuable as those. Heck, I prefer more artsy-fartsy if there were only one Paraiba! LOL!

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
:love: Seeing all those Paraiba together to me is mind blowing. I think your jeweler did an amazing job sourcing all of those as he or she did. I would be thrilled just having one of them. Right now I have only melee while waiting to fill the piggy bank back up after a recent Hauyne purchase. Enjoy all of that Paraiba goodness !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing the photo of the lovely necklace. :love:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, everyone,

Thanks for the comments. Of course, when it comes to gems, to each his own....I am more of a fan of a single color or suite of colors than contrasting ones. I'd go for similar blues or pinks rather than pink/green in one ring/necklace. But that's my taste. That's what's neat about jewelry.....you get what speaks to you.

But part of my appeal of jewelry is the intrinsic value. I've always liked things that had the potential to increase in value. I was a coin collector (silver coins, etc) from when I was a kid. So part of the appeal of this necklace for me is that it's 41 Paraibas, all together, which could, if one wanted to, be reset as single pendants, rings, etc....and could be recut if it would improve them, etc....so even with its "dings", I think the necklace is amazing. and of course, it really is prettier in person than it is in the photos, as are most stones.

Anyway, I thought it was unusual and pretty so I thought I'd share.

To everyone who commented, and GLbluegreen and LovingGems, thank you for your feedback! And Digdeep and Dk168, no offense taken! Everyone has their own tastes.

Happy gem hunting!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's amazing you got all those matching stones. It's really lovely, and I think it would look superb with a nigh neckline, turtleneck, as well. Enjoy!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
gemandjewelrylover|1464616963|4038060 said:
Hi, everyone,

Thanks for the comments. Of course, when it comes to gems, to each his own....I am more of a fan of a single color or suite of colors than contrasting ones. I'd go for similar blues or pinks rather than pink/green in one ring/necklace. But that's my taste. That's what's neat about jewelry.....you get what speaks to you.

But part of my appeal of jewelry is the intrinsic value. I've always liked things that had the potential to increase in value. I was a coin collector (silver coins, etc) from when I was a kid. So part of the appeal of this necklace for me is that it's 41 Paraibas, all together, which could, if one wanted to, be reset as single pendants, rings, etc....and could be recut if it would improve them, etc....so even with its "dings", I think the necklace is amazing. and of course, it really is prettier in person than it is in the photos, as are most stones.

Anyway, I thought it was unusual and pretty so I thought I'd share.

To everyone who commented, and GLbluegreen and LovingGems, thank you for your feedback! And Digdeep and Dk168, no offense taken! Everyone has their own tastes.

Happy gem hunting!

Thanks for the recognition that we can differ in our taste and jewelry preference and it's all okay! And I didn't say it before, but it's always nice to see unusual jewelry............part of growing in the gem world.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an amazing necklace. I can only imagine the effort it must have taken to match all these stones together.. and 68ctw of Paraiba all together???!!! Just wow.. :appl:

Did you commission it for a specific special occasion? It is such a statement necklace I imagine people must stare when you wear it! :love:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Mochiko,

Thank you for the kind words. Actually, I didn't commission the necklace - my jeweler just made it. He is one of the few people able to create things like this. He never fails to surprise me....as I mentioned earlier in the post, he said he worked with five jewelry companies to source the stones and he said it took a year to make it.

Actually, I feel like I would need to be going to a red-carpet gala to wear this properly! :lol: I'm content to just visit with it occasionally for the most part. :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only imagine how luxurious it must feel to slip on that Paraiba necklace. Lovely!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good googly moogly, what an amazing piece!! I'm not much of a jeweller aficionado as I am into my stones but that just looks unreal!!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Just the number of rare stones. The sunlight pic shows lovely glow. Definitely makes me want that drop of color on my finger! Thanks for sharing.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Wordie, Jordy and LisaRN,

Thank you so much for your comments! Paraiba Tourmaline is a stone I have a weakness for....the colors are just so alluring. I hope you find a stone for yourself, Wordie89. Jordyonbass, I was following your fascinating cutting stories. I wish I had the opportunity and talent to do that, it sounds very rewarding. LisaRN, thank you, I do feel very lucky even just to see such a piece....though you have so many lovelies too!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
gemandjewelrylover|1464874261|4039324 said:
Hi, Wordie, Jordy and LisaRN,

Thank you so much for your comments! Paraiba Tourmaline is a stone I have a weakness for....the colors are just so alluring. I hope you find a stone for yourself, Wordie89. Jordyonbass, I was following your fascinating cutting stories. I wish I had the opportunity and talent to do that, it sounds very rewarding. LisaRN, thank you, I do feel very lucky even just to see such a piece....though you have so many lovelies too!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm off again tomorrow to do some more work so hopefully things go well for me and I can update the thread with some eye candy :bigsmile:

I have admired PT for a long time and I'd love to get a piece of Paraiba rough to cab but just thinking about how much the rough would cost is giving me heart palpitations :lol:

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Hi, Jordy,

Wow, I love your two lightning ridge opals you cabbed! They're dreamy!
I hope you find some PT rough that is affordable some time.....I would think the LR black Opal rough wouldn't be that cheap either.
Anyway, keep your adventures coming! So fun! :razz:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
:o this gorgeous necklace is yours? I'm in awe. Wear it in good health and happiness!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color and the presence of this beautiful necklace. It makes a statement and it's a gorgeous one. Enjoy! :love: :appl:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing :love: ...whoever wears it will GLOW a mile away!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Limosun--- I love your Paraibas too, I still adore your ring in your avatar!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results