shape
carat
color
clarity

One last opinion needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cubuffs

Rough_Rock
I need you guys great advise one last time. I looked at a bunch of the diamonds you all listed for me yesterday and it was a great help. I did find one last one on Blue Nile that I am sort of interested in, but would like you advise one last time.

Here is the link:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00532720&keyword_search_value=LD00532720

Also am I really just spending double the price at Tiffany’s for the name or are their diamonds any better than what I can buy on-line? I am new and stupid and you guys are so knowledgeable. I actually am learning quite a bit, and am starting to find diamonds interesting and lot like wine. Thanks again.
wink2.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 2/4/2004 5:48:40 PM cubuffs wrote:

Also am I really just spending double the price at Tiffany’s for the name or are their diamonds any better than what I can buy on-line?

----------------

Tiffany's buys their diamonds from the same manufacturers everyone else does. The same wholesale lists are available to just about anyone in the trade.

cubuffs

Rough_Rock
Just what I thought about Tiffany. That is one heck of a markets tool they have going because they are crazy expensive.

Thanks

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/4/2004 6:03:24 PM LawGem wrote:

----------------
On 2/4/2004 5:48:40 PM cubuffs wrote:

Also am I really just spending double the price at Tiffany’s for the name or are their diamonds any better than what I can buy on-line?

----------------

Tiffany's buys their diamonds from the same manufacturers everyone else does. The same wholesale lists are available to just about anyone in the trade.
----------------

Is it true that they buy only LK stones?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 2/5/2004 9:32:35 AM fire&ice wrote:

Is it true that they buy only LK stones?
----------------
To my knowledge, no, but I'm not privy to their buying habits other than that they are not (currently) a manufacturer. However, they have a deal with Aber (the Diavik mine) to purchase big chunk of their output and cut it themselves, so this will be changing. Pretty soon all that stuff about the "Tiffany cut" will actually mean something (though what is a different issue
2.gif
). One less thing for the PS crowd to bash them about.
9.gif
11.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/5/2004 12:14:12 PM LawGem wrote:

One less thing for the PS crowd to bash them about.
9.gif
11.gif
----------------

Oh dear -- there goes the Friday afternoon fun
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results