shape
carat
color
clarity

One door closes another one opens!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This saying is very true for me personally.

Recent events made me realised I have moved on from relying on a much-loved and now-closed watering hole in town that used to provide much of my social engagements.

I may not see my drinking pals as much as I used to, and I miss those rowdy fun evenings when I could just rock up into the pub and find people I knew inside.

However, I have found a restaurant that I like in town, a tapas restaurant that opened in September 2022, and am usually there for a quick bite to eat before I have a quick drink or two at another pub that I like to visit from time to time.

I am putting my spare time into good use by volunteering more, and am making new friends along the way.

Feeling blessed, thanks for reading.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s great @dk168, it’s not easy making new friends, but the only way to meet new people is to get out there. Sounds like you’re having fun doing it too!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s great @dk168, it’s not easy making new friends, but the only way to meet new people is to get out there. Sounds like you’re having fun doing it too!

Indeed!

On reflection, none of my drinking pals from the pub that is now closed attended the concert, even though they were all informed right from the start last year, and a lot of them are my FB friends.

Just commenting based on an observation, as it made me realise I am now on a new chapter of the book of my life.

DK :))

hardwear

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your charity event. And moving on to making new friends.
The true friends are the ones that show up and support you through your good times and bad. The ones that are envious, will never be happy for you or your accomplishments.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results