color
clarity

On the hunt for a round FIREBALL!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
The Wishlist:
- cut is priority, I want something that will really shine
- VS2 or better or a lower grade but inclusions that could probably be hidden
- not opposed to warmer stone (I saw some on Frank Darling's site that were K and so warm)
- budget is $15k
- ideally 11mm-11.6mm

Background:
I ordered a cushion; I feel like it's just a little dead feeling. I'm not totally set to any particular cut-- but I do want a brilliant cut. It seems clear that rounds are easier to buy virtually. Hoping to order in a round to compare.

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
The Wishlist:
- cut is priority, I want something that will really shine
- VS2 or better or a lower grade but inclusions that could probably be hidden
- not opposed to warmer stone (I saw some on Frank Darling's site that were K and so warm)
- budget is $15k
- ideally 11mm-11.6mm

Background:
I ordered a cushion; I feel like it's just a little dead feeling. I'm not totally set to any particular cut-- but I do want a brilliant cut. It seems clear that rounds are easier to buy virtually. Hoping to order in a round to compare.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-di...rity-round-ideal-cut-lab-sku-p223568?a_aid=PS

probably the best you'll find in the price range

Lower price range - might be worth exploring. Doesn't have as much information (like advanced imaging) as the other stone does, but you could ask them to take images

Reactions: MsP

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
How about one of these?

I'll check those out! What do you think about this? https://diamond-assets.ritani.com/GCAL-323200392/certificate.pdf

MsP

Brilliant_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
It does have a bit more than I'd want to see on a diamond for myself, but it's not too bad.

I'm wondering if finding a HPHT is the best option. I DO think that the light return and symmetry would be way better than the cushion. HPHT in 4+ ct seems not as prevalent.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wondering if finding a HPHT is the best option. I DO think that the light return and symmetry would be way better than the cushion. HPHT in 4+ ct seems not as prevalent.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
I'd actually PREFER against Ritani! I'll take a look at these. Did any stick out as fantastic to you?

Proportion wise, I really like this one with the smaller table/fatter arrows (just a personal preference) https://dreamstone.com/loose-diamon...clarity-DreamStone+Ideal-cut-530205756_L48D-2

This one looks good too

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Proportion wise, I really like this one with the smaller table/fatter arrows (just a personal preference) https://dreamstone.com/loose-diamon...clarity-DreamStone+Ideal-cut-530205756_L48D-2

This one looks good too

Yes to that 5.7! :kiss2: Gorgeous proportions and faceting.

The 5.4 has some blue nuance.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you are looking for labgrowns with a GCAL report, stick to those for an 8X report to be sure you are getting the top cut you are looking for.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking for labgrowns with a GCAL report, stick to those for an 8X report to be sure you are getting the top cut you are looking for.

Hi Wink, can you elaborate? Are there sites that provide more advanced imaging? (on light return, etc.)

MsP

Brilliant_Rock

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Wink, can you elaborate? Are there sites that provide more advanced imaging? (on light return, etc.)

For many years, those looking for the absolute best cuts relied on AGS grading reports. GIA has purchased AGS and will provide an AGS style report if requested.

Currently GCAL is issuing a great report with actual photos and detailed information about each diamond. Only a few will qualify for the 8X report.

Soon, IGI will be issuing their new cut quality report. Many of us in the trade expect it to be excellent.

These are interesting times, and I am not alone in wanting to see how the world of diamond buying will be changed for the better/worse for those seeking the best cut diamonds, both Lab and Earth grown.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N @Txborn79
What do you think about this one?

Ordered in this 5.63 and the 5.7 suggested in the thread above and the 5.7 had a bit of blue nuance with in-person inspection... everyone preferred the 5.63 so that's what we are going with!

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Ordered in this 5.63 and the 5.7 suggested in the thread above and the 5.7 had a bit of blue nuance with in-person inspection... everyone preferred the 5.63 so that's what we are going with!

Ohhh, can’t wait to see what you think!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
Great. Be sure to post photos!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great update! How does the 5.63 perform in person in all your usual lighting environments?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results