shape
carat
color
clarity

On the hunt for a 4ct Round

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Just wondering what the PS experts think of this stone?
I’m looking for a firey white 3.5-4ct round for around $4k for an engagement ring!

Thanks in advance!

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert, but the video looks great. I noticed the crown height is 14.5% and I know many prefer 15+%.
It is a CVD stone, which can be fine, but I would wait to hear from the experts about this and also about the locations of the inclusions. They are near the girdle, but I'm not sure, based on their type, if that's a problem or not.
Do they have the diamond in-house? Can they take videos in different lighting conditions and is their return policy strong if you get it and decide you don't like it?

Felipe

Rough_Rock
I'm not an expert, but the video looks great. I noticed the crown height is 14.5% and I know many prefer 15+%.
The crown angle is high, the crown height is "only" 14.5% because of the slightly large table. People would be more afraid of the shallow pavilion, but looking at the video the crown/pavilion angle seems to work in this case. I think it's good looking stone. The post-growth treatment may have helped the diamond to look clean without visible strain in this video, and white, I think it's a good thing. Also, if it is possible to put a prong on this inclusion, it's a very nice SI1.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would again try to stick with 40.6-40.9 pavilion angle for a ring.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
This one has a bit steeper crown angle and resultant taller crown, but could be a good one:

Same for this one:

Fiery combo, but may show some crown paddling at closer viewing distances:

@Kim N do you see blue nuance in any of these?

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Ah yes!!! That pavillion angle catches me every single time!!! I got excited when I saw the video and was too busy trying to see any striations !
I’ll keep looking! Thanks!

Felipe

Rough_Rock
Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Round Halo Lover sorry...for some reason I read your post as 3+ carat, so that's what I searched for.

mondays-uh-oh.gif

...and it's me.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Round Halo Lover sorry...for some reason I read your post as 3+ carat, so that's what I searched for.

mondays-uh-oh.gif

...and it's me.

The stones you found are beautiful but I would love to get a little bigger. I know my budget is tight. Do you think it’s possible to find what I’m looking for in my price range?

I’m in Europe so it will add about another 1k in duties and then I need to pay for a setting. It’s really difficult to find comparable stones here to buy online. But if anyone knows of any reputable sellers on this side of the Atlantic similar to Ritani etc please let me know!

Thanks again’

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The stones you found are beautiful but I would love to get a little bigger. I know my budget is tight. Do you think it’s possible to find what I’m looking for in my price range?

I’m in Europe so it will add about another 1k in duties and then I need to pay for a setting. It’s really difficult to find comparable stones here to buy online. But if anyone knows of any reputable sellers on this side of the Atlantic similar to Ritani etc please let me know!

Thanks again’

Give 77 Diamonds (based out of London, but multiple stores in Europe) a try to see what they might be able to offer. :)

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock

Thanks again’

Hey,

As far as i know with you can buy from Ritani from Europe and they include all VAT/Customs etc and price in Euro ( At least thats how it looked to me when I was looking at purchasing from them and I am in Ireland, I didnt end up buying from there for a finish so not 100% sure but I do think they had other country options)

You could check out Frank Darling also, they have a good selection and fab settings, might be easier to get everything in the one place rather than have to try and set locally depending on where you are based. That's who I bought from and it was very easy process with them. I did have to pay VAT separately which was fine.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks again’

I’m also in Europe, and I have bought a stone from Ritani, and you can choose to pay VAT at checkout to Borderfree, and you should be ok. This way you don’t have to pay any fees for the custom clearance, because Borderfree does all the work for you.

I have found during my search for European supplier the website https://diamantenlabor.de/ but I still decided to buy from Ritani. If you are located in Germany, it could be convenient for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results