shape
carat
color
clarity

Omitting words from a search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can do this on other search engines, but I don''t think I can do this on PS. For example, if I type in the search term "blue diamond" because I want to look for threads about blue diamonds, but I get back a hundreds of threads about "blue nile diamonds," then it''s helpful to omit the word "nile" in order to zone in better on my search. Is there a way to do this easily?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can just put the phrase "blue diamond" in quotes like that and it will only turn up searches where diamond is immediately following blue. It''ll skip things like blue nile diamond.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, this only works if the unwanted term is in the middle of the phrase, as "nile" is. I still get lots of threads for "irradiated blue diamond." For example, on ebay, I can do the following

"blue diamond -cz -ice -nile -topaz -created -irradiated -lab", and zone in better because it will search for a very specific phrase and omit all those words with a negative sign in front of them.

It would be nice if this feature was similar on PS.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It is on our list for improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results