shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, What?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When did this pad show up in Jeff''s "Current Selection"? Is this a posting mistake? I thought Linda bought this already, or is this a new one that somehow slipped in???

It''s so pretty! I hope somebody scoops it up for a very special engagement ring!!

Pad

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, yes that was the one that I had purchased and returned, so did T-gal.

For me, it looked like it was not a true pad. It had way too much lavender in it, I did not care for the color at all. Besides, our furnace had gone out and we also had to replace that.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw it was certified by AGL as a pad. I still didn''t care for the color though. Just my opinion though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 10:52:16 PM
Author: Linda W
MTG, yes that was the one that I had purchased and returned, so did T-gal.

For me, it looked like it was not a true pad. It had way too much lavender in it, I did not care for the color at all. Besides, our furnace had gone out and we also had to replace that.

Linda
Yup, I recognize that picture. It''s the same pad that Linda and TGal viewed and returned.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I see. It's a shame that colors on computers can be so deceiving, it looks so lovely on the screen
7.gif
Although in the pics where it's turned to the side, you can definitely see the lavender.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I hope it finds a new home.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, I just commented on the other thread on that pad. Yes, I saw it and returned it as well. There was too much lavender in the stone for me. Pictures were even more telling with the stone having quite a bit of purple in many of the pics (although in person, the purple was less evident and looked more like the photo I just posted in the other thread).

It''s well cut and now that I see it''s certed as a pad by AGL, maybe someone will pick it up. I''m surprised it''s still available. I''m glad Jeff got it certed, because I felt its pad status was debatable. Darn pretty stone either way...that man knows how to cut ''em.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s great that Jeff is getting the expensive stones certified. I hope the vendors on PS will follow suit for their more pricey and rare gemstones, maybe for stuff over $1500? $2000?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, I still have the pictures of the pad.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:18:44 PM
Author: Chrono
I think it''s great that Jeff is getting the expensive stones certified. I hope the vendors on PS will follow suit for their more pricey and rare gemstones, maybe for stuff over $1500? $2000?
I hope so. With that stone, I think he probably had to! Linda returned it, I returned it and I do believe he had at least one other person waiting in line - who either didn''t bother to view it or returned it.

And I found my pics of it, lol. I had sent it to someone to take a look and still had the email. I wish I had known it was kosher to post them back then because I could have used PSers help for sure!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:21:06 PM
Really Linda? Yours or mine, cause how would you have MY pics of the pad?
3.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 11:18:44 PM
Author: Chrono

One could only hope, especially for things that are controversial or especially prone to tricky treatments.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:22:56 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 4/15/2009 11:21:06 PM

Really Linda? Yours or mine, cause how would you have MY pics of the pad?
3.gif

I''m glad you found your pictures T-gal, not going to answer the other question.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, has your setting gotten to you yet?

I''ve been trying to talk myself out of a $5,000 setting for a week now.
40.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 11:30:30 PM

40.gif

Not yet, but she''s shipping them out tomorrow :) And from there it should take about 10-15 business days to get to me, lol. Luckily I''m still very content to just admire the pad loose, so I''m not going crazy waiting. I really do just love the color. Mmm..swoon, hehe.

Are you talking about the setting you posted about a little while ago that you saw in NYC? Let us know how you decide to set that gorgeous pad of yours! In the mean time, if you get bored, you could always take more pictures of the pad. Teehee.
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, I am so excited for you. I bet you can''t wait to get your pad in that gorgeous Lotus setting. I know I would stare at it all day
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:38:01 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 4/15/2009 11:30:30 PM

40.gif

Not yet, but she''s shipping them out tomorrow :) And from there it should take about 10-15 business days to get to me, lol. Luckily I''m still very content to just admire the pad loose, so I''m not going crazy waiting. I really do just love the color. Mmm..swoon, hehe.

Are you talking about the setting you posted about a little while ago that you saw in NYC? Let us know how you decide to set that gorgeous pad of yours! In the mean time, if you get bored, you could always take more pictures of the pad. Teehee.
12.gif
Oh cool, so only a couple of weeks yet. I think it''s going to be a lovely ring!

No, I''ve never been to a jeweler in NYC, but I think you are talking about the Leon ring. I''m still deciding if I am going to send it off to him, but I just generally don''t want to send it off. I went to a local jeweler in LA and saw a setting that was just ridiculously expensive. I wish I knew who their jeweler/benchperson was so I could get rid of the middleman and the very high markup! The quality of the work was impeccable and now it is what I am comparing to. I think the pad will stay unset for a long time.
38.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I meant LA. Hehe, I''m close to NYC, so it kind of takes the place of any big city in my head sometimes.
I hope you find a setting you love eventually :) Although I can see why 5k for a setting would give you pause, that''s about how much my entire engagement ring cost! lol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:49:18 PM
Sorry, I meant LA. Hehe, I''m close to NYC, so it kind of takes the place of any big city in my head sometimes.
I hope you find a setting you love eventually :) Although I can see why 5k for a setting would give you pause, that''s about how much my entire engagement ring cost! lol.
Yeah, my e-ring setting cost 1300, so you can see a bit of my dilemma!

jeffwhite

Rough_Rock
Hello all!
35.gif
Just thought I would chime in on the stone in question. There was obviously much discussion of this gem way back when it was first offered, particularly with regard to color (which is always a fun and lively topic when it comes to pads
1.gif
). After it was returned, I actually removed it from "the shelf," so to speak, until it could be certified by AGL to put all debate to rest. That is why it hasn''t reappeared until now (relisted this week, in fact). As I mentioned to a few folks a while back, this one would''ve been certed to begin with, but I was eager to get it listed on the "Year-End" list and opted to forgo certing since most of my regulars know my policy on returns if stones cert contrary to my claims. This was obviously an error in judgement on my part, and I apologize for inadvertantly launching such a firestorm of debate here on Pricescope.

Long story short, the sapphire in question has finally made it''s way back from AGL and yes, it certed as a padparadscha with traditional heat treatment only.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:11:08 AM
Author: jeffwhite
Hello all!
35.gif
Just thought I would chime in on the stone in question. There was obviously much discussion of this gem way back when it was first offered, particularly with regard to color (which is always a fun and lively topic when it comes to pads
1.gif
). After it was returned, I actually removed it from ''the shelf,'' so to speak, until it could be certified by AGL to put all debate to rest. That is why it hasn''t reappeared until now (relisted this week, in fact). As I mentioned to a few folks a while back, this one would''ve been certed to begin with, but I was eager to get it listed on the ''Year-End'' list and opted to forgo certing since most of my regulars know my policy on returns if stones cert contrary to my claims. This was obviously an error in judgement on my part, and I apologize for inadvertantly launching such a firestorm of debate here on Pricescope.

Long story short, the sapphire in question has finally made it''s way back from AGL and yes, it certed as a padparadscha with traditional heat treatment only.
Glad to see you here Jeff and glad you got it certed! As I said, I was surprised to see this wasn''t snapped up because it is a pretty stone, so it makes sense you took it off the shelf to get it certed!!

Happy to hear it certed as a pad. I did certainly see the pink AND orange it in...it was just the lavender that really threw me. But aren''t pad colors ALWAYS debatable?
6.gif
41.gif

And LOL, I don''t think there was any firestorm of debate on this stone initially. Both Linda and I returned it without much comment on PS.
2.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 11:06:10 PM
Ah, I see. It''s a shame that colors on computers can be so deceiving, it looks so lovely on the screen
7.gif
Although in the pics where it''s turned to the side, you can definitely see the lavender.
It''s a share. I bought a vintage watch once with a white face and when it arrived it had a silver face.
20.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
MTG, do you have more pics of your pad? Did you create a thread about it? I''d be interested to hear where you sourced it from and see more of your stone - it''s just GORGEOUS, but the avatar photo is so SMALL! LOL

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2009 11:12:24 AM
Author: Allison D.
MTG, do you have more pics of your pad? Did you create a thread about it? I'd be interested to hear where you sourced it from and see more of your stone - it's just GORGEOUS, but the avatar photo is so SMALL! LOL

I bought it from NSC. I went there in person to see some loose stones, but none of them had the right color and cut for me. Many of them were too pale, too purple, too orange, too pink, or too expensive, lol. Then I saw this little cutie in a ring (they had brought out a box of rings to show me options), and it just took my breath away. It was the PERFECT blend of colors for me, and so sparkly and bright! So I bought the stone out of the ring :) I'm glad I did, I love this little stone SO much. It sparkles and glows like mad under pretty much any lighting condition. My avatar picture is most representative of color (its just really small).

Here's the thread with more pics
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-my-pad-arrived-lovely.110258/

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As a comparison to Jeff's, wildfishgems has a similar sized new PAD up with a slightly lavendar hue and unheated, but the price tag is almost 3 times higher. So, Jeff's is a bargain.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, it may be my monitor, but I don''t see any lavender in Ed''s pad
33.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know he says there is, but I don''t see it. hummmmmmmmmm.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:39:15 PM
FG, it may be my monitor, but I don''t see any lavender in Ed''s pad
33.gif
From Ed''s description: "Certified padparadscha of finest crystal and impeccable clarity. The color plays just between pink and orange with a gentle character. There is not aggressive pink or mandarine orange in here but a combination of lavender pink and mild orange. Investment size gem of superior quality. Not many pads in this size and quality are found in any year."

Linda - I''m just taking his word for the lavender part.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:40:42 PM
I know he says there is, but I don''t see it. hummmmmmmmmm.
Well, for just under $10K you can take a look for yourself.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny, he says ther is lavender, but I don''t see it on my screen either. Doesn''t mean there isn''t, I''d take his word on it as well.

The stone probably looks way better in person. That''s probably the camera lens reflection we are seeing. Boy, mine is cut shallow though - 1.52 vs 2.10 and they have about the same face up size. I actually like the cut of that one better from what I can see. Yeesh, unheated pads aren''t cheap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results