shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, What?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:43:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Date: 4/16/2009 4:40:42 PM

Author: Linda W

I know he says there is, but I don''t see it. hummmmmmmmmm.
Well, for just under $10K you can take a look for yourself.
9.gif

ACK FG, no thank you, you buy it, ha ha.

T-Gal. It is a nicely cut stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal,
Is yours shallow or is his deep? His is native cut and those are typically quite deep, hence face up smaller.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 10:53:59 PM
Author: Chrono
TGal,
Is yours shallow or is his deep? His is native cut and those are typically quite deep, hence face up smaller.
Chrono, I think mine is shallow. No window, but definitely tilt it slightly either way and you can see right through it. Just not in the straight face up position. I believe my stone is native cut as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal,
That sounds like a normal window tilt which is acceptable. My guess is that a lighter coloured stone will also exhibit this more clearly than a darker coloured stone.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
With "lavender" pink I here mean "flowery" or "mild" as opposed to "hot" or "electric" pink. That seems to be unclear?

I was already prompted to remake that photo. That pad is quite a princess in front of the camera.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I read lavender, I take it to literally mean it has a lavender colour as in light pinkish purple. Glad you've taken note and made the changes to the picture and clarified your intepretation.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new picture is much more orange (makes more sense since the description is pinkish orange). Lovely :)
Hehe, I must confess, I really like the Gemstone Bargain section, I wish more vendors had it. I happen to really like quirky stones with some personality and "features" every now and then. But I would feel silly writing a vendor to ask them to try to find me a stone with a veil or other flaw in it on purpose, lol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 8:51:59 AM
Author: Edward Bristol

With ''lavender'' pink I here mean ''flowery'' or ''mild'' as opposed to ''hot'' or ''electric'' pink. That seems to be unclear?

I was already prompted to remake that photo. That pad is quite a princess in front of the camera.
Yes, the oval ones seem notorious difficult to photograph. I''ve gotten pictures that are downright scary with the lens reflection. The new one looks nice!

Chrono, yes, I figured the tilt window was fine - doesn''t take much of a tilt to do it, but it''s quite a nice stone face down. I totally thought there was a window though when I first got it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal: Mine have have little tilt windows as well. I guess it is normal.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:11:08 AM
Author: jeffwhite
Hello all!
35.gif
Just thought I would chime in on the stone in question. There was obviously much discussion of this gem way back when it was first offered, particularly with regard to color (which is always a fun and lively topic when it comes to pads
1.gif
). After it was returned, I actually removed it from ''the shelf,'' so to speak, until it could be certified by AGL to put all debate to rest. That is why it hasn''t reappeared until now (relisted this week, in fact). As I mentioned to a few folks a while back, this one would''ve been certed to begin with, but I was eager to get it listed on the ''Year-End'' list and opted to forgo certing since most of my regulars know my policy on returns if stones cert contrary to my claims. This was obviously an error in judgement on my part, and I apologize for inadvertantly launching such a firestorm of debate here on Pricescope.

Long story short, the sapphire in question has finally made it''s way back from AGL and yes, it certed as a padparadscha with traditional heat treatment only.
Jeff,
If you say it''s a Pad and AGL agrees, that''s good enough for me.
35.gif

P.S. I never had that Danburite tested.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

With ''lavender'' pink I here mean ''flowery'' or ''mild'' as opposed to ''hot'' or ''electric'' pink. That seems to be unclear?

Ed,
I''m curious as to what you mean by "venomous green."
21.gif
(Sorry for the mini threadjack).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 1:11:59 PM
Author: Harriet

Ed,
I''m curious as to what you mean by ''venomous green.''
21.gif
I saw a tsavorite described as venomous green a while back - I too wondered what it meant.
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I''m about to reveal part of my dorky side, because when I hear "venomous green", I think "huh? Venom wears black"...yeah...

Lol, my second visual image is then the Green Mamba..a very venomous and green snake...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 1:20:34 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 4/17/2009 1:11:59 PM
Author: Harriet

Ed,
I''m curious as to what you mean by ''venomous green.''
21.gif
I saw a tsavorite described as venomous green a while back - I too wondered what it meant.
9.gif
me too!

Ed- lavender implies that the stone has some purple tone to it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results