shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! Three vendors come together for stud earrings and cushion jackets

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this was a super nice surprise. Ever since I came to PS, I have ALWAYS wanted Brian Gavin cushion jackets for round studs.

The studs are from Blue Nile (in retrospect, I would have gone with a super ideal vendor but too late now). I started with .88 E vs and then upgraded to 1.4 ctw F SI1. Then I got stuck because I didn’t want to spend double again (running out of ear real estate also).

So Brian Gavin to the rescue! I ordered the cushion jackets but ran into problems with the 3 prong martini setting, so after consulting with Lesley, we decided to reset the studs into his 4 prong baskets and then Lesley and Brian decided the jackets needed to be custom to perfectly fit with the studs that had been reset by them.

Enter AJ’s gems in Bangkok and my September birthday.

Will post more in a minute. At lunch

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since my birthday is in September and sapphire is my birthstone, I wanted to work on a blue sapphire and diamond set of ring, earrings and pendant.

If you recall, Finewater gems provided me with an amazing sapphire for my ring and High performance diamonds set it in a trellis setting with two crafted by infinity diamonds. (See avatar).

AJs just so happened to have a round matched pair at 1.97 carats which were virtually the same size as my diamonds studs.

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? :mrgreen2: Yes, indeed! I bought those sapphire stones (arrived in 3 days!) and asked Lesley if Brian would also set these in his handmade 4 prong baskets so that they would also fit the cushion jackets. Yes! They would.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now, arrived today, are my reset studs, the custom BGD cushion jackets and the set sapphire studs.

The jackets were made custom for a perfect fit for the diamond studs so the sapphire studs have a small airline which I think is perfect.

So before my phone dies, here is one pic lol.
0E95A4D3-0BB0-46DA-A8F9-7F2968A829DC.jpeg

Taken in my car.

I have physical therapy after lunch so large photo drop after that!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Looking forward to more pictures!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F207B990-9B56-430E-B7F3-622909CF7EC9.jpeg 6497A35B-AAF1-4503-A1AF-BB84B1A4D524.jpeg
Terrible photos.

My brother is with me and he knows not one thing about jewelry and says he prefers the sapphires with the jackets because they pop. So that shows you the airline isn’t really an issue.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, everything is stunning!!! Love that you can change out the studs!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brian Gavin was very gracious in helping me out and setting outside stones, so I really appreciate his courtesy.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty! enjoy those amazing blue sapphires.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new jackets and how great you were able to get a sapphire pair to use with them, too! Jackets are a great option to add size or bling for special occasions. I like the 4 prong settings in the jackets, too!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh gorgeous these are all fabulous :clap: those sapphires look perfect on your ears, perfect size and color!

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Just love the cushion jackets! And the color of the sapphires. Can’t wait to see the drops. I want some too! Enjoy your new jewelry!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and so versatile. I am a big fan of the sapphire with the surround!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are indeed beautiful and versatile. The sapphires are beautiful and of course so are the diamonds!

Q

Queenie60

Love the new jackets and the versatility of the studs. Beautiful new bling and thank you for sharing.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. I’ll try to get better ear shots tomorrow. My bro is here so maybe he can take pics while I model lol

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and versatile!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Amazing result!!! Well done!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bro wanted to get to lunch (boy doesn’t miss a meal lol) so he said he would help take pics later :lol-2:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful and really versatile! They look so good on your ear! Wondering if you could even wear them with a pearl stud too.

Really lovely- and fantastic idea!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful set! They look amazing on you, I love the cushion outline fun, and different than the round on round. its a fun look! can be casual, but formal as well. Great choice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results